Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: January 21, 2017, 05:39:20 AM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: What's in your backlog?  (Read 1136 times)

WingsOfVanity

• Rep: 0
  • Loner.
    • View Profile
What's in your backlog?
« on: May 26, 2013, 02:37:17 PM »
A few months ago I realized that I would buy a game, play about half way through, and never touch it again. Not because it was boring, but because I would get busy with other things and just forget about it. Right then and there I decided to log the amount of games I had which would keep me organized and note which ones I would be playing next. I was able to find a website called backloggery.com that did a perfect job at it, so I used that. Unfortunately they don't have a phone app and I'm more likely to have a phone than a computer next to me when I play games, but that's besides the point. When I was done I saw that I had 82 games (bought legitimately), 9 of which I had beaten, 2 of them where this year, in the following consoles: PS3, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita, PSP, PS2, Gamecube, and GBA. I still haven't included my steam library (130, those freaking steam sales!! lol) because I got a gaming laptop this year, oh and Guild Wars 2 which I haven't even touched because I feel like I'm drowning in games! haha. Not to mention the "Free" games I get from Playstation Plus I have yet to list those as well.

There are to many to list, so I'll just list the next 5 I really want to play/get through:
- Persona 4 Golden
- Assassin's Creed 1
- Uncharted 2
- Uncharted Golden Abyss
- Persona 3 Portable

So what's in your backlog?

Rooskie

• Web / Graphic Designer
  • Rep: 71
  • Peacetime Mandalorian
    • View Profile
Re: What's in your backlog?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2013, 03:17:50 PM »
I like this idea, and the gaming lounge is a fine place for it, but I'd like to remind members that we're not in the random section.  Every response to this thread should have some purpose to it.  I think listing a minimum of 5 in each post is a great way to start out. Maybe we can even get some discussion going about the games people haven't finished.  I just don't want to see someone post:

Quote from: Some_Idiot
-Suerp Mar Bro
:P

I just signed up for backloggery.com, but damn will it take me a while to fill that out.  Going through Steam alone will take me forever.  Wings have you seen the humble bundle sales?  You can pay what you want and as long as it's $1 or more you get steam codes.  Right now there's not a bundle going on, but they do have a weekly sale of Alan Wake and the DLC: http://www.humblebundle.com/weekly 

As for what's in my backlog, I guess I'll go with 3DS stuff first.  Mainly because I picked up my XL earlier today for the first time in forever and there's less of it than any other platform:
-New Super Mario Bros. 2 (this one I don't own, but my room mate who does is moving out end of the week)
-Super Mario 3D Land (I've beaten the main game, but then there's 8 more worlds that I've only beaten 5 of)
-Paper Mario Sticker Star (I'm at the start of world 2 and I have no idea how long the game is)
-Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest (I've beaten it on GameCube, but it's harder on 3DS)
-Zelda: Oracle of Ages / Oracle of Seasons

Ages and Seasons are kinda cop outs, but I did say a 5 minimum.  I don't have them yet and I've beaten them on gameboy color.  I'm going to buy them on Thursday when they hit the eShop and if I'm going to pay for them again I should beat them again. 
Chatterx's Revenge:
1. Outland | 2. Uncharted 2

Virtus

• Silent Antagonist
  • Rep: 80
  • cout << "Yay";
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 05:24:44 PM »
Oh dear. If I listed my entire backlog, it would be divided into four chapters. Even though I've always kept it all in mind, it has finally gotten to a point where I stared writing it down a few weeks ago.

It's incomplete; I'm writing the games down as I remember them, but here's what's going on with me:

Games in progress:

-Super Metroid (Wii U VC version. I've finished every other release..... what? You'd expect less from me when it comes to Metroid? XP)
-Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (DS)
-Chrono Trigger (SNES/DS)
-Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (3DS. Surprised I haven't finished this one yet, but it's almost there. I've been disappointed with it until really late into the story when it suddenly decides to get interesting. Still doesn't do the PMD series justice, though.)
-Splice (PC. Almost done with this. I'm trying to get all of the Angelic solutions along the way.)
-The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (I've played this game so much, yet I've had the worst luck with corrupt or lost save data. I've gotten to the fourth temple, but never finished it.)

Games in to-play queue:

-Bastion (Own it on Steam, haven't gotten around to it just yet)
-Sword & Sworcery (Own it on Steam, haven't gotten around to it just yet)
-Half-Life 2 (Own it on Steam, haven't gotten around to it just yet)
-Uncharted 2 (Borrowing a friend's copy, haven't gotten around to it just yet)
-Uncharted 3
-FEZ (I strongly recommend FEZ to everyone)
-Final Fantasy VI
-Final Fantasy VII
-Braid
-Red Dead Redemption
-Batman: Arkham City
-Eternal Sonata
-Xenoblade (Own it, haven't taken the time to really sit down with it. Other than the voice acting and some tiny quirks, it's really good.)
-Xenogears
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Master Quest (Finished GameCube release, playing 3DS version)
-The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Finished it before, looking forward to 3DS re-release)
-The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (Finished it before, looking forward to 3DS re-release)

I think PMD will be the next game to finish. Solatorobo, Xenoblade, and Chrono Trigger will probably take me forever to finish. It's difficult for me to find the time to sit down and put in some serious effort into a game these days. =/ Still, I'm hoping they'll be knocked out by the time summer ends.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 05:31:28 PM by Virtus »

WingsOfVanity

• Rep: 0
  • Loner.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 07:28:41 PM »
@Rooskie:
Agreed and maybe this thread can motivate some people in completing the Chatterx with a Vengeance challenge. After reading it I trying to beat at least 15 by the end of the year too, I already have 2, haha.

Yes I have and it's hard not to buy them because they're so cheap! As a broke college student I want to donate enough so I won't feel like I'm cheating them out of money, but it's hard too. The current Alan Wake bundle is great! I haven't played the game, but I love all the bonuses they provided. It's the same things you would get when you buy the premium version of a game when it comes out.

I'm sending Super Mario 3D Land to the end of my backlog because it's not as story-centric as the other games in my collection. It's more of a time waster for me at the moment, and so I don't want to play games that'll just make time pass by. I want to be invested in a story for the time being.

I've never played a Zelda game I should probably pick up ages and season... and that's how my collection grows  ??? lol

@Virtus:

Then you should really check out the backloggery.com website I mentioned. it's very good for organization by console and it's pretty in dept too.

I've heard that a lot of people were disappointed with the newest PMD. I want to give it a try but I'm still not sure. I enjoyed from what I played in the demo, but as of now I am not spending anymore money on video games, with the exception of a humble bundle or a REALLY good deal.  :))

Bastion is really short and well worth the play through. Half-Life series is one of the many games I have to get through on steam, started the firs one but haven't finished it.

I sort of caught myself in the midst of playing Persona 4 Golden because it was very engrossing, but I'm trying to push any jRPGs and RPGs to the "end," so I can get through more games that won't take up all of my time.

Tags: