Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: January 21, 2017, 12:21:24 PM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: Best steam sale ever  (Read 1402 times)

Rooskie

• Web / Graphic Designer
  • Rep: 71
  • Peacetime Mandalorian
    • View Profile
Best steam sale ever
« on: December 21, 2012, 04:12:42 AM »
Chatterx's Revenge:
1. Outland | 2. Uncharted 2

torturelabs

• Rep: 72
  • I'm into autoerotic-asphyxiation, how about you?
    • View Profile
Re: Best steam sale ever
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 04:18:08 AM »
That's pretty cool, though I gave up on Steam after I forgot my account info (formatted PC) and tried to log back in with no luck.
Really good deals though.

snowboarding_guy

• Rep: 7
  • Wumbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 07:14:59 AM »
Yeah it is a good sale.
But i just used all my money on buying some other things :'(

Was planning on getting Borderlands. Guess i have to just wait for another sale  :(
Games Beaten In 2012

Rooskie

• Web / Graphic Designer
  • Peacetime Mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 11:06:53 AM »
Really good deals?  I mean most of them are, but are you guys not seeing that the bundle is more expensive than the games on their own or just dodging talking about it?

As for losing your steam account info:  I can't imagine doing that.  I have just shy of 70 games with my account valued at $963.32
Chatterx's Revenge:

Undead Testes

• Rep: 10
  • Potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 11:21:35 AM »
I have just shy of 70 games with my account valued at $963.32

....   thats a lot of money you've spent on games...   
make sure to check out my playthroughs and Let's Play's
http://adf.ly/PHFUW   (youtube)
and
http://adf.ly/PGeuI    (twitch.tv)

Dolphin official performance guide : http://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/performance-guide/

make sure to let me know if any of my links break.

snowboarding_guy

• Rep: 7
  • Wumbology
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 11:27:59 AM »
Oops. Didn't see that.
That's kinda stupid for them to do that though.
Maybe there's another bundle with prices like that. Ill see if i can find one cause i have nothing else to do.
Games Beaten In 2012

torturelabs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 08:35:28 PM »
Oh, haha it states individual, maybe they're going on official release price like at GameStop
I didn't read through it only totals and individual price :p hehe also 19.99 13.99 lawl
When I was there last they had popular games at around $5 which is pretty good if you ask me, that's why I said good prices.
Question: Are games from Steam full-unpacked or are they ripped in some way because of size?

Grrr and I really want Hitman Absolution but rather not have the same thing happen to me again in Steam...
There is though Hitman.Absolution-SKIDROW but it 'requires' steam and has many issues apparently...
I'll have to wait /take a gamble/ to buy it instead when the DVD-COPY comes out.

XX-STR8

• Rep: 26
  • I will always fight for what I believe, even if it's against an army.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 09:42:10 PM »
Damn it, things like these make me want a stronger computer lol
Especially sense Steam is in open beta for Linux. Sure only like 30 games are available but it's growing at a pretty fast pace.

torturelabs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 10:31:15 PM »
Damn it, things like these make me want a stronger computer lol
Especially sense Steam is in open beta for Linux. Sure only like 30 games are available but it's growing at a pretty fast pace.
Yep, Nixie Pixel stated that in one of her videos.

Rooskie

• Web / Graphic Designer
  • Peacetime Mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2012, 12:25:48 AM »
Question: Are games from Steam full-unpacked or are they ripped in some way because of size?
You're gonna have to define "full-unpacked" for me.  Being on steam doesn't make a difference.  Why would people pay for games lacking content?

I'll have to wait /take a gamble/ to buy it instead when the DVD-COPY comes out.
I'm sorry, but you did this to yourself.  There is no gamble buying games on steam.  If you forget your account information you lose access to your account.  Simple as that.  Can't find your install disc?  No game for you.  Can't remember your steam credentials?  No game for you.

It's like forgetting your pin number and not being able to use your bank card.  Any account containing your money or digital representations of your money should be treated as extremely important.  Failure to do so...well, you're on that road now.

EDIT:  Also im pretty sure hitman absolution has steamworks, meaning it requires steam on PC regardless of how it is purchased.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2012, 12:29:44 AM by Rooskie »
Chatterx's Revenge:

torturelabs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 12:51:56 AM »
You're gonna have to define "full-unpacked" for me.  Being on steam doesn't make a difference.  Why would people pay for games lacking content?

I'm sorry, but you did this to yourself.  There is no gamble buying games on steam.  If you forget your account information you lose access to your account.  Simple as that.  Can't find your install disc?  No game for you.  Can't remember your steam credentials?  No game for you.

It's like forgetting your pin number and not being able to use your bank card.  Any account containing your money or digital representations of your money should be treated as extremely important.  Failure to do so...well, you're on that road now.

EDIT:  Also im pretty sure hitman absolution has steamworks, meaning it requires steam on PC regardless of how it is purchased.
I was just assuming, since games nowadays are around 15-25GB and that would take a while to download even with +A server.
Assumption torturelabs, is assuming~

People told me how great it was and such/
I registered and bought some games just to test it out, but didn't really like it.
Rather not do things digitally, but that's just me.
Only game I would register again for is Hitman:A-, highly doubt it though.
Steamworks
Interesting, I don't think I'll be disappointed if I bought it anyways, I liked every other Hitman game.

It's like forgetting your pin number and not being able to use your bank card.
Obviously I'm going to remember info I actually care about or actually need to survive.
I'm just disappointed they didn't have a verification process that actually works.
Every other company has some kind of recovery process set in place, I was just confused when it locked me out since it was the first to do so haha

Pyrotempest

• Level 99 Game Hoarder
  • Rep: 38
  • If I helped you, click [+] Brohoof /)
    • Skype - shawnnaugler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 05:20:39 PM »
I was just assuming, since games nowadays are around 15-25GB and that would take a while to download even with +A server.

I've been known to hit 6.0MB/s down from Steam's servers. Just an FYI.

Undead Testes

• Rep: 10
  • Potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 07:49:25 PM »

I've been known to hit 6.0MB/s down from Steam's servers. Just an FYI.
yeah, if i set myne to download from the servers in PA  i get around 4 and 5 mostly :)
make sure to check out my playthroughs and Let's Play's
http://adf.ly/PHFUW   (youtube)
and
http://adf.ly/PGeuI    (twitch.tv)

Dolphin official performance guide : http://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/performance-guide/

make sure to let me know if any of my links break.

Rooskie

• Web / Graphic Designer
  • Peacetime Mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 12:37:51 AM »
The nice thing about steam:  75%-90% of the time it maxes out your connection (the 10-25% is when Valve does something that generates a huge amount of traffic such as the day Team Fortress 2 went free to play)
The crap thing about steam:  it doesn't include a way to throttle the speed

Oh you're streaming netflix?  Well fuck you, I'm steam and this update for Team Fortress 2 is more important than what you or anyone else on your network is doing.
Chatterx's Revenge:

Tags: