Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: April 20, 2014, 08:24:41 AM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: How to install DML for playing Gamecube games from an SD card.  (Read 15230 times)

TheLittlestBowl

• Swag Setta
  • Rep: 12
  • Tonight I dine on turtle soup.
    • View Profile
Preparing your wii.

First off, grab this pack.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6s06sc9l7a467dc

Then drag the stuff in the wii folder onto your SD card and pop it in your wii.

Next, run the dios mios lite installer from the homebrew channel and it will install automatically.

Preparing your games.

Put your iso inside the discex folder in the PC folder from the RAR file i supplied.

Drag the iso onto the .exe, and it will give you a folder.

Put each game's folder into "games" on the root of your SD card and voila.

Load with neogamma, or CFG USB Loader mod r15(or whatever revision it's on at the time you follow this guide).

Compatibility List

Rashira

• Rep: 4
  • I just kicked the sun into another solar system.
    • View Profile
Re: How to install DML for playing Gamecube games from an SD card.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 06:50:26 AM »
Sweet. Thanks for the tut. Probably gonna set my buddy set up with this on his wii. I have a WODE installed on my wii, so I don't need it, but he would do backflips if he had this. Now if only they could get USB working...
-Wii w/ WODE Jukebox (2 TB HDD)
-Slimline PS2 W/ tape and tissue mod (cogswap, ESR, and PSXlauncher on 1gb flash drive)
-DS Lite W/ R4 Ultra clone (4gb micro SD) and Supercard Lite (2gb micro SD)
3DS W/ Supercard DSTWO (8gb micro SD)

Yes I like to troll the download lurkers when they make stupid posts. It's quite fun.

Games beaten for Chatterx's Revenge:

Ten games complete in 4 months. I feel like a champion!

http://www.youtube.com/RbrosStudios

reachmaster

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2012, 07:51:10 PM »
k wait can u save game data on the sd your booting from, or will u still have to use memory card? thanks in advance!

TheLittlestBowl

• Swag Setta
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 08:00:22 PM »
The version i supplied is the nmm(no more memory) version, which let's you save to your SD card.

JKL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 12:59:50 PM »
Hi All! :-)

Sorry to drag up an old thread but thanks for this its fantastic!

Only issue is that for some reason the gamecube controller doesn't respond when the gamecube game starts!? It works on the SNES emulator and within the menus, but as soon as the gamecube game loads I get nothing. I know the remote is working 100%.

Any ideas???

Thanks

TheLittlestBowl

• Swag Setta
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 01:59:28 PM »

Only issue is that for some reason the gamecube controller doesn't respond when the gamecube game starts!? It works on the SNES emulator and within the menus, but as soon as the gamecube game loads I get nothing. I know the remote is working 100%.

Any ideas???

Thanks

Is it a Wavebird wireless perchance? If so, i'm fairly certain they're not compatible with DML.

Hurn

• Rep: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 05:13:09 PM »

Any ideas???

Thanks

Is it a Wavebird wireless perchance? If so, i'm fairly certain they're not compatible with DML.

My Wavebird works like a charm on DML.

If you are using a Wavebird, then you could try activating the controller before you load the GC game.
If my Mediafire links aren't working, (they aren't) don't PM me about it.

See my current master download list.

JKL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 12:55:17 AM »
Its not a wavebird, I have one wireless (a cheapo off FleaBay) and an offical wired. Neither work. Both work fine up until the GC game loads.

I have tried plugging it in before and after the game starts but no luck.

Thanks for the replies though...

At the moment its looking like my best solution is to throw my Wii out the window (at least that's they way its going!) as its driving me nuts. Appaerently just pressing the buttons super hard while shaking the remote and swearing doesn't work either :-(

Hurn

• Rep: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 04:37:43 PM »
Try re-installing the DML wad.

This is the most recent one.
http://code.google.com/p/diosmioslite/downloads/detail?name=DIOS%20MIOS%20Lite%20v1.5.wad&can=2&q=

Try it, and see if your situation improves?
If my Mediafire links aren't working, (they aren't) don't PM me about it.

See my current master download list.

BMD

• Rep: 1
  • dat pikachu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 06:46:32 PM »
Many thanks for this tutorial! Works great :D
nope.avi
Spoiler: Steam (click to show/hide)

Rashira

• Rep: 4
  • I just kicked the sun into another solar system.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 11:20:48 AM »
Anyone here heard about Devolution yet? It's a GC USB loader, being made by one of the guys at GBAtemp, and it actually runs in Wii mode, which will EVENTUALLY (dev hasn't gotten it working yet, to my knowledge) support WiiMotes, and periphrals, such as the Classic Controller. This is for those who either HATE the GC controller (such as the dev of this project) or have one of those stupid Wii's that lack GC hardware.

There is one problem, however. The dev of this project is some ego tripping anti-pirate. He doesn't want people to use his app to play games they don't own. Understandable, but the GC is a DEAD console for goodness sake. So in order to use this loader, you have to backup your disc to your USB HDD via Cleanrip (the iso HAS to be 1:1, for the sake of AP, so no shrunk iso's) then AFTER that, you have to insert the disc into the Wii BEFORE loading it over USB for the first time, so it can veify that you own a legit copy of the game. (it's a one time verify, you you don't have to insert the legit disc any time afterward)

There a way to bypass this AP has not yet been discovered. So for about 95% of us, this is currently useless. But for those of you who own a bunch of legit GC games, and you don't mind digging them up to re-rip, and verify, i would recommend checking it out.

Also, for those of you wondering why this is a big deal when we have DML, this supports streaming audio.
-Wii w/ WODE Jukebox (2 TB HDD)
-Slimline PS2 W/ tape and tissue mod (cogswap, ESR, and PSXlauncher on 1gb flash drive)
-DS Lite W/ R4 Ultra clone (4gb micro SD) and Supercard Lite (2gb micro SD)
3DS W/ Supercard DSTWO (8gb micro SD)

Yes I like to troll the download lurkers when they make stupid posts. It's quite fun.

Games beaten for Chatterx's Revenge:

Ten games complete in 4 months. I feel like a champion!

http://www.youtube.com/RbrosStudios

Tags: