Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: April 30, 2017, 11:36:09 AM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: MegaUpload (MU) Busted - UPDATE: Many cyberlockers calling quits.  (Read 25045 times)

MeeMeesiko

• Rep: 9
  • Superfast Jellyfish
    • View Profile
Re: MegaUpload (MU) Busted
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 01:46:47 PM »
I also decided to drop in to see how things were boding here. Hi Wii, been a while. I'm here to help.

A quick recap shows that... We're in a boat full of crap. >.>

I suppose that the absolute best we can hope for is that Anonymous continues to try to rehost MU, but I don't think they'll be successful for any long period of time.

Basically there's only a few courses of action:

-Abandon this site (I personally find that unacceptable, not sure what the current plan of attack is from the perspective of the Admins).

-Begin re-uploading to other sites as soon as possible. I recommend Mediafire myself, but I think they police their files fairly extensively and their reliability might not be the best. I don't know how many games I have sitting around on this computer or where we can begin to start downloading and re-uploading them from.

-Hope and Pray MU finds a way to be put back up. This is a somewhat real possibility, but the hosts of MU will be in court for an extensive period of time despite the fact they've done nothing illegal. Filesharing sites themselves are absolutely legal; the content on them may or may not be. But in any regard, MU will be down for a extended period of time.

Did anyone have the foresight to back up Console titles onto an external hard drive or something? That would make things much more manageable.

MichiS1997

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 02:18:57 PM »
I think you won't believe me since this is one of my first posts but...Megaupload is back!
http://109.236.83.66/
Believe me, that is no fake!

Nerazim

• Rep: 77
  • I bask in the twilight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 04:18:50 PM »
It is indeed confirmed to really be MU. currently without domain name :)
lets see how this works out

Rooskie

• Web / Graphic Designer
  • Rep: 71
  • Peacetime Mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 04:36:43 PM »
Did anyone have the foresight to back up Console titles onto an external hard drive or something? That would make things much more manageable.
Some people have large collections of things.  Others don't.
Chatterx's Revenge:
1. Outland | 2. Uncharted 2

cube

• Rep: 81
  • The Cubinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 04:49:02 PM »
MeeMeesiko, thanks for the concern, but we have things under control.

Talesfanthedude

• Rep: 5
  • Portable Gamecube is DA best ever :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 05:03:46 PM »
oh man, this sucks, i hope SOPA and PIPA are stopped for good or else the internet will feel their wrath,

i read about wikipedia's thank you to the people who supported them, but SOPA and PIPA are still in the shadows waiting for their next victim, who ever it may be :(
(this is like a LOrd of the rings war, kinda but modern day era)

i hope they don't end up censoring the net or else the net will be a barren wasteland. 

in my country, greece we have a saying for these groups: SOPA and PIPA

SOPA: to shut up and not talk: σκάσε
PIPA: to get or give ****: PIPA

so, basically "it's shut up and take our treatment"

that's what SOPA/PIPA's motives and moral are

well, we users of the net don't want this, they only do.

XX-STR8

• Rep: 26
  • I will always fight for what I believe, even if it's against an army.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 05:09:18 PM »
oh man, this sucks, i hope SOPA and PIPA are stopped for good or else the internet will feel their wrath,

i read about wikipedia's thank you to the people who supported them, but SOPA and PIPA are still in the shadows waiting for their next victim, who ever it may be :(
(this is like a LOrd of the rings war, kinda but modern day era)

i hope they don't end up censoring the net or else the net will be a barren wasteland. 

in my country, greece we have a saying for these groups: SOPA and PIPA

SOPA: to shut up and not talk: σκάσε
PIPA: to get or give ****: PIPA

so, basically "it's shut up and take our treatment"

that's what SOPA/PIPA's motives and moral are

well, we users of the net don't want this, they only do.
Dude, SOPA and PIPA were taken down today. We don't have to worry about them for at least a year, nobody in government wants to even mention those bills as it'll certainly hurt their chances of being reelected.

drfeelgud88

• Rep: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 05:09:56 PM »
Censoring websites is one thing, but a website that is one of the most widely used pirating medium after torrents does deserve to be taken down.
This is a very intelligent view if you really think about it. The pirating, I can honestly understand, since millions of dollars are being lost due to pirated software. I'd feel very sorry for software engineers who's made such software where a week later, it's already on TPB for all to use. Then again... We've all done it at one point. So it sucks for us right now, but I think in the long-run it will actually make the economy stable, from a certain point of view.

As for the censoring of websites, well, that is just preposterous. That is violating many freedoms right there.

This is what I think and I bet I'll get bashed for it, but so be it.

RedPhoenix

• Rep: 21
  • Informático - Gamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 06:43:30 PM »

PSX SCPH-7501 PSone SCPH-101 | PS2 SCPH-39001 XBOX C01713 Dreamcast HKT-3020 GameCube DOL-101 GB DMG-01 GBA AGB-001 | PS3 CECHK11 XBOX 360 S 1439 PSP 3001 NDS NTR-001

Croixiane

• Rep: 24
  • When there is hope, there is a way~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 08:48:53 PM »
My.... I hope it will be back again soon.
And as for SOPA and PIPA, I hope it will be taken down forever, just my personal opinion but it will takes down not only illegal content but also will limit free knowledges in internet that we can access....

Lawss

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 09:22:17 PM »
I so hope this ip address fpr M/U is up soon .. Really awsome work on this site Peeps  .. I am a newbie "here "but ran numerous poker forums and know first hand how labor intensive designing this is ..Ty Ty  ;) for keeping the "old" games alive ...

Sabotage136

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 09:24:52 PM »
Well this sucks MegaUpload was definitely one of my favorite file sharing site.

Raysie

• Mr. Public Relations
  • Rep: 110
  • Is my avatar changing everytime you refresh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 11:59:51 PM »
Of course, I'm one of the stupid unlucky ones that decided paying $18 for MU Premium last week was a good idea. LOL

^^ Good to see some old faces in this thread too! :)

Found these old site logos and thought I'd show them off for some nostalgia

Nerazim

• Rep: 77
  • I bask in the twilight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2012, 08:06:47 AM »
Hehe Raysie, that really sucks man.. But I seriously hope the site will be back on soon, MU was definately the no1 cyberlocker in the world.

cube

• Rep: 81
  • The Cubinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2012, 09:30:39 AM »
http://uploaded.to/

Is no longer allowing US users to visit their site.

Tags: