Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: October 20, 2017, 02:48:38 PM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: Thanks for the Good Times  (Read 4504 times)

Raysie

• Mr. Public Relations
  • Rep: 110
  • Is my avatar changing everytime you refresh?
    • View Profile
Thanks for the Good Times
« on: September 10, 2011, 10:05:08 PM »
Hey guys, firstly wanted to aplogise for being so in-active for easily 2 months now. I've been working full-time for the last month or so now and truly haven't had the time to be active in the forums. Anyway, I think now is the right time for me to move on and see the Moderation staff and community evolve even more here at 128bitme.

The one thing I always preached as a Staff member was that if you wanted the title, you had to back it up by actually doing the job. Clearly I haven't been doing that for the last 2 months now. I originally thought after getting a full-time job that maybe after a week or so I'd find the time to return to this forum and hopefully still be active. Sadly it just wasn't possible. By the time I get home at the night I'm just so tired I truly just don't have the energy to login to 128bitme and moderate the forums.

I love this place; Every time I login I see the great memories of years gone past at TPC and PBT. I remember registering for the first time at TPC as a 17 year old teen not really knowing where my life was at. Times were tough for me at the time and to be honest TPC filled a vacancy in my life. I would log in daily and truly was just appreciative of even having the opportunity to talk to and meet so many great people in the forums. I truly didn't think joining a site just to download a Digimon game for the Gamecube would have allowed meet so many great people. Thanks to Chatterx (Who I still silently thank to this day for suggesting me to be a Moderator all the way back in 2009), my joy and responsibilities at TPC grew from that day and I personally loved every moment of it. 

As for my memories at PBT, where do I start? Myself and Rooskie had been jokingly talking about creating a PS2 site for some  time. We finally decided to grow some balls and created (What in my opinion) was/is the greatest PS2 ISO site on the internet. Thanks to some really awesome dedicated uploaders, in the space of a few months we had already thousands of PS2 games downloadable. I loved the site so much - It was that much more sweeter knowing I had a hand in its creation and its everyday life. I felt like the father of the site, rather than the uncle like I did at TPC.... If that makes sense? LOL

A big thanks goes to my good friend Rooskie though; I learned a lot from him from my time here, but best of all gained a good friend. I really can't say a bad thing about him to be honest. He's probably the smartest guy I know. I've probably called him a freak (In a good way) a million times just because he seems to know just about everything. All I can say is this forum is extremely lucky to have Rooskie as an Admin here, as the site will always be in safe hands as long as Rooskie is around.

Leaving it at that, it's time for me to move onto the next stage of my life and say goodbye for at least now. I thank everybody I had the chance to meet here within the forums and thank the close friends I made during my time here. Hopefully I find the time to at least login and post every now and then within the forums and just have fun.

Kind Regards,
Raysie.

Found these old site logos and thought I'd show them off for some nostalgia

Eltrion

• Local Mod
  • Rep: 10
  • Run.
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks for the Good Times
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 10:08:36 PM »
Hasn't this happened before? :D

In any case, I wish you luck, and we will do our best with the site.

All the best to you, drop by once and a while to keep everyone in line.
System Specs:
i5 2500k Sandy Bridge
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram
Raedon HD 6870
Arch LInux

manoysos1175

• Rep: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 10:12:57 PM »
Good luck with your life from now on Raysie ;) .
Hope to see you again around here in the future :) .

Upgraded my connection but still my uploading speed sucks. So I won't be able to upload a lot of games. Sorry.

torturelabs

• Rep: 72
  • I'm into autoerotic-asphyxiation, how about you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 10:17:06 PM »
Temporarily on retirement :-(
That's too bad.
Yeah, Rooskie is a pretty smart guy in allot of ways.
Your not on here very often, your right, then again neither is cube or Rooskie.
But, when you guys are on, I always seem to get the feeling that three great legends are watching me and it makes me squeal like a little girl inside :3
(I guess two legends now, if you count your temp. retirement)

I respect you guys allot, even though it may not seem like it because of my past shenanigans.

Hope to see you again soon.

KnightRaider

• I'm Autistic
  • Rep: 15
  • Got a problem with that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 10:27:40 PM »
okay long sentence here, Raysie we all look up to you as a brilliant admin to this site always willing to help anybody in need and i only knew you about 1 year and we seemed to go along quite well lol and you are the Aussie Admin I always looked up to with great respect, i thank you for all the good tips you have told me :), you are an awesome friend and shall ever be in our hearts :)! and hopefully one day we shall one day meet again :)!
Long Live 128bit.me :)!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:02:36 AM by Sonic X »

Jericho727

• Rep: 12
  • Potter Pill Salesman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 10:34:16 PM »
 I'm sad but as Raysie I think I'll fly out permanently in the forums
times have changed and is tough for me you all probably noticed i'm not logging for almost two weeks been really stiff time ..
good luck guys
I shall delete my account if needed but i remembered i can still use that maybe some time
Good day and God Bless

torturelabs

• Rep: 72
  • I'm into autoerotic-asphyxiation, how about you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 10:39:17 PM »
I'm sad but as Raysie I think I'll fly out permanently in the forums
times have changed and is tough for me you all probably noticed i'm not logging for almost two weeks been really stiff time ..
good luck guys
I shall delete my account if needed but i remembered i can still use that maybe some time
Good day and God Bless
Noooooooo :-'(
Why must everyone go, soon enough I'll be 'forever alone' :3
But, in all seriousness it's too bad

Sora

• Rep: 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 10:49:41 PM »
Have fun with your future life Raysie ;)
good luck

sonoranreptile

• Rep: 11
  • Long live the Black Tower..........
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 11:25:30 PM »
Thanks for your many contributions bro!!  Hope to see you here from time to time, but if not, take care.  Long live the Black Tower!

drfeelgud88

• Rep: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 12:59:15 AM »
Aw Raysie!! You were such an awesome admin, contributor and a person. You would help me whenever I would PM you questions about my PSP modding, which btw, I would have more than likely NEVER gotten into had it not been for you. Look at me now; I now play my PSP more in a week than what I did for the past few years when I bought it!!

I haven't been here in the beginning when you were first here or had not been here as long, but with the past few months that I've been here, you easily earned my trust and respect.

It is too bad to see you go, but hey, that is life and we have to move on and push to get where we would like to be at.

With that being said, I hope everything goes well for you. Wait, take that back, I KNOW everything will go great for you. You are "Mr. Public Relations" after all :) Be careful and you will greatly be missed by all of us here at 128bit.

Slisk

• Rep: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 05:00:52 AM »
That is too bad Raysie. I did look up to you, I still do, it seemed to me, your posts were all clever and thought through, and that is something I really can not do myself.
Hopefully you will at least find time to visit every now and then.

I myself am currently working full-time, but after a few days I bought 3G for my mobile just to visit 128bit and to keep myself updated with things I just didn't have time for. (takes over an hour for me to get to work, plenty of bit-time, hehe.

Anyhow.. I wish you well! :)

Croixiane

• Rep: 24
  • When there is hope, there is a way~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 05:12:44 AM »
Raysie will miss you a lot now, I should give my deepest thanks to you for all you have done to this forum and for helping me a lot in many ways.
I learn a lot from you and I wish you good luck at your life, but please be sure to visit once in a while. :D

HellCat

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 10:27:25 AM »
Goodbye, sweet Prince. And Godspeed.

Nerazim

• Rep: 77
  • I bask in the twilight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 10:46:34 AM »
Cya around on the internet friend.

acer7

• Rep: 6
  • "I will bite you to death" ~Kyoya
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 10:52:32 AM »
When I first joined PBT!I just wanted to download games but Raysie  inspired me to be active and Raysie was my first friend at PBT-He helped me a lot.In PBT I would almost always check PBT stats and I always wanted to come first and beat Raysie.So I kind of admire him
I Will miss you :'(
Good luck with your journey ;)

Tags: