Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: September 23, 2014, 07:18:33 AM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: 13-year old kills baby sister for interrupting game!  (Read 1285 times)

acer7

• Rep: 6
  • "I will bite you to death" ~Kyoya
    • View Profile
13-year old kills baby sister for interrupting game!
« on: August 26, 2011, 10:03:49 AM »
Police called to an Oklahoma City hospital over a suspected child abuse case found something more disturbing. A nine-month-old baby had been admitted suffering intra-cranial bleeding, a skull fracture and severe brain injuries – inconsistent with her mother’s explanation that the child had simply fallen out of bed.
Crystian Rivera, charged over the death of his baby sister
After questioning by police, the child’s mother admitted that the baby had been left with her son when she sustained her injuries – and the officials turned their line of inquiry to the infant’s brother, 13-year old Crystian Rivera.
Rivera explained that he had been playing video games while minding the baby, when his sister fell over and started to cry. He said that the distraction had caused him to lose concentration on the game, resulting in the death of his on-screen character.
Frustrated at the interruption, Rivera picked up the baby and shook her, before returning to his game. After playing a while longer, Rivera fell asleep and he thought nothing more of it.
Once taken to hospital, the baby girl was put on a ventilator, but died four days later from her injuries.
Rivera has now been booked into the Oklahoma County Jail, where he has been charged with first-degree murder and will be treated as an adult.
Source:http://www.gamepron.com/news/2011/08/22/13-year-old-kills-baby-sister-for-interrupting-game/
What the!!This boy is  just totally nuts!Just because he lost a game he hurt his baby sister that later on caused her death.

Undead Testes

• Rep: 10
  • Potato
    • View Profile
Re: 13-year old kills baby sister for interrupting game!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 11:10:01 AM »
is it wrong i laughed a little laugh, im not talking a humorous laugh, im talking a chuckle of irony.

normally ya got people killing babies just because they need something to take their fustrations out on because they are idiots and babies cant fight back.

while this in this case, while the child probolly didnt mean to hurt the baby, he did so because he suffers from a very common and unfortunate disorder.... gamers rage.

and since hes a little kid, i highly doubt he knows of shaken baby syndrome..

and to tell the truth, im not allowed to be by babies alone because i have a tendacy to think rather angry thoughts when they dont learn to stop crying and interupting me.

so i can totally feel bad for him at the same time as piting him.

but thats just me.
make sure to check out my playthroughs and Let's Play's
http://adf.ly/PHFUW   (youtube)
and
http://adf.ly/PGeuI    (twitch.tv)

Dolphin official performance guide : http://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/performance-guide/

make sure to let me know if any of my links break.

Devastating

• Forum Security
  • Rep: 47
  • Emulation God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 11:30:53 AM »
Damn Mummys Boy Basement Dwellers. >:(
Gaming along with the Internet is a Hobby .Its not the real World.
Sooner people relise that the better. ;)

torturelabs

• Rep: 69
  • I'm into autoerotic-asphyxiation, how about you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 11:36:03 AM »
Wow, this is harsh, I'm calling Jack Thompson.
But, in all seriousness, this sucks...

Undead Testes

• Potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 11:38:52 AM »
hate to say it, but this kind of shit happens alot anyway
and

Dolphin official performance guide : http://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/performance-guide/

Slisk

• Rep: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 12:36:50 PM »
A former friend to the family, her son had a really bad temper when it comes to games, he even called his mom a w*ore just because she passed the TV while he was playing, bleh.

Undead Testes

• Potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 01:04:11 PM »
wow that kids and asshole lol
and

drfeelgud88

• Rep: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 01:33:19 PM »
I don't normally like saying this kind of stuff, but hopefully that kid gets what's coming to him where he is at.

I can pitch in my two cents that that kid is not right up there. He needs therapy.

drfeelgud88

• Rep: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 02:44:41 PM »
I dunno, it's bad, but I wouldn't really put myself up on a pedestal and judge him though.

I can rage pretty hard in videogames.
We can rage quite a bit, but we don't let it get as far as hurting innocent/defenseless people around us (I'm assuming).

My nephew is like that; if he DOESN'T get what he WANTS, he will literally find the closest object around him and start swinging and attempting to hurt anyone around him. ESPECIALLY when it comes to video games. Of course, he's going to therapy and little by little there are changes, but that rage still slips. I hate seeing him like that to be honest. Does he have the rage to actually kill someone? I've no idea, hopefully not, hopefully never. Anyways, I've digressed.

priestess1

• Rep: 20
  • I have too much free time..
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 02:13:34 PM »
A former friend to the family, her son had a really bad temper when it comes to games, he even called his mom a w*ore just because she passed the TV while he was playing, bleh.
Wow!  It really is a small world if you can run into a person that personally knew this family.

Slisk

• Rep: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 04:31:37 AM »
Wow!  It really is a small world if you can run into a person that personally knew this family.
No no, not this family, my family ^^

Croixiane

• Rep: 24
  • When there is hope, there is a way~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 07:55:16 AM »
It's kind of sad to see what the people can do when they already got too addicted to a video game.....
I like video game and love to play it, but this kind of thing can make make many people to think negatively of video game :(

Broly

• Rep: 2
  • if you need any help go ask someone that cares
    • Skype - King_Broly1343
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 05:05:02 PM »
thats really really sad i mean if anyone interrupts me i'd just yell at them
you can never have too much shermie

BlackHOUND

• Rep: 1
  • Enough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 09:57:18 PM »
Humanity is slowly going to shit. Everybody, abandon ship.
Guide my shadow, light and dark from above...
                                                 ...TRANSCEND THE STARS!

RETURN TO THE VOID

MeeMeesiko

• Rep: 9
  • Superfast Jellyfish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2011, 09:44:07 PM »

Indeed. O.o

At 13 years old a kid should know just how incredibly fragile small children like that are; rage is just something that comes to all of us but there are appropriate ways to deal with it. Even I have some mild problems with that; but this was too far.

I guess that the real moral question is whether he deserves to be tried as an adult; being tried at a level of First Degree Murder usually doesn't impact cases like this; it seems more accidental than anything even if it the action of shaking the baby was intentional. I've heard of only a few cases in which such young minors were tried as adults and this really seems just a tad more intensive than it needs to be. The 13-year-old obviously has some pretty bad rage but there are ways to help mitigate those emotions with therapy and things. From my limited knowledge of the who thing I would have thought that being tried for Second Degree Murder as a Minor would have been more appropriate. But then I suppose that he'd be in jail for a relatively short period of time.

Without really knowing much about the situation I think that many of us would also assume that he was allowed to get away with a lot of shit that he really shouldn't have been able to; bad parenting can go a long way to destroying a kid.

Tags: