Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: October 31, 2014, 07:08:26 PM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: Anyone know how to make Dolphin work faster with Super smash bros. melee?  (Read 5316 times)

matlsn

• Rep: 0
  • Go to Programs4you.yolasite.com!
    • View Profile
Anyone know how to make Dolphin work faster with Super smash bros. melee??? My fps during battle is about 13. I was wondering if there is a way to make it up to 30? Like maybe taking off sound or something.
_
             ,- - -.                U
            ;        \               ;        GAMECUBE :D
       .==\"/==.  `-.___.-'
      ((+) .  .: )
      |`.-(o)-.'|
      \/  \_/  \/

WindBaker

• View Profile
Gotta be more specific. What are your specs, plugins, etc.? I'm having a similar problem with Wind Waker; my CPU is probably the only thing it could be at this point, but no one has given me insight in my thread yet. (Which is fine, just stating that I'm unsure.)

Find out your specs and post them. I'm assuming the stickies' settings and programs didn't help you either.

matlsn

• Go to Programs4you.yolasite.com!
    • View Profile
USING DOLPHIN r7436

Computer:

Windows Vista Home Premium SP2  32-bit

Processor:    Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz
Memory (RAM): 1.00 GB

Dolphin Specs

GENERAL

Framelimit 120  Checked on Use FPS for limiting
Checked Enable Dual core
Checked enable idle skipping

Radioed JIT Recomplier

DISPLAY

Video Backend: Direct3D9

Fillscreen display res: 320x200

Checked Hide mouse cursor

Checked Use Panic Handlers

Radioed Vista

AUDIO

Radioed DSP HLE emulation

Audio backend: DSound

Sample rate 48000 Hz
_
             ,- - -.                U
            ;        \               ;        GAMECUBE :D
       .==\"/==.  `-.___.-'
      ((+) .  .: )
      |`.-(o)-.'|
      \/  \_/  \/

WindBaker

• View Profile
Well, for starters, your processor isn't dual core, so don't check that box. Processor could be better, and you only have 32 bit so the emulator already won't run as well as 64 bit.

That aside, your RAM is a huge cause as well. 1GB is very small. (I've had worse, 448MB of RAM, and that was hell with Vista)

If you can upgrade RAM (which is relatively cheap now), try it out again after getting another GB.

DongerZ

• I Shoot RAW
  • Rep: 24
  • The fun never ends, it's Adventure Time!
    • View Profile
Well, for starters, your processor isn't dual core, so don't check that box.
Not always, usually that just acts a speedup for any situation.

As for you matlsn, your computer is extremely slow
All of my PAL archives' password: jasper

Please take some time to view my Tumblr (All Photos are BY ME!)
http://the-catharsis.tumblr.com/

Mycatisbigfoot

• Rep: 15
  • NYAN CAT POWERS ACTAVATE
    • View Profile
Yes your computer is extremly slow, and that blue text is just a tad bit hard to read on the black,

Your computer is very slow, for todays standards and while you are running vista it needs one gig of ram its self, I would go out and buy a stick of 2 gb ram, if you do not know what kind go bring your tower to the local computer store (like a mom and pop) kind of thing and get them to have a peak at what you could use. in it ,

your core is a bit old but nothing that bad
I love my Wode
Games Beat in 2011 (Goal 15) (Done 8/15)
Beaten:(Earthbound/Mother2(SNES)) (Super Smash Brothers(N640) (Megaman10(WII)) (Shadow the Hedgehog(GCN)) (Mario Kart DD) (PSO EP 1 @ lv 28 normal) (PSO EP2 @ lv 50 normal) (Megaman 2(NES)) (Megaman Network transmission (GCN)) (Zelda 4Swords(CUBE))

Working on : (PSO EP1+2 to get to lv200(GCN)) (Mega man Battle network 5 DS(Protoman))

Twit Menulet is a great way to experience <a href="http://www.twitmenulet.com/">Twitter for Mac</a>!

Tags: