Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: March 30, 2017, 01:36:23 AM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: WODE  (Read 1618 times)

Mycatisbigfoot

• Rep: 15
  • NYAN CAT POWERS ACTAVATE
    • View Profile
WODE
« on: March 11, 2011, 05:45:49 PM »
I order my Wode and waited the longest time for it to come in the mail and I think its the best thing ever!

I'll start out with the install

With my horror to think the company I bought it from forgot to put the chip in, I found it in the base of my wode, I got everything included with it, and also got a pink wii more "condom: aswell as a pink "numchuck condom"
The chip needs for you to open up your wii and insert change some data cables around as well as power ribbons, it was easy to say the least, nothing to hard to figure out with the proper tutorials and videos, Putng the wii back to getter was a bit of  a squish as the chip does make the wii's insides larger, but everything still works fine.

Updating the wode
As the data ribbon in side of the wodes controller was lose it was not getting a good singial with the joystick and the usb and the sd slot causing some major problems as it could not find the update file on my sd card. I went back and made sure it was in properly and tried again, once again it did not see the update, but the control stick was working, So I tried another sd card and it updated just fine with no problem, (The wode chip was on 1.08 and it updated to 2.7 (it was a rather long update)

Using the wode base
The wode base is rather easy to use and requires little to no intelligibly, just move the nob to where you want to go and click right if you want to go back click left, they also have a game cube menu that I do not find much use for, but is nice when you are on your but and rather not mess with geting up and changing "virtual disks"

Game loading
It has slight problems with game cube games that requires streaming auido, but thats no big problem and can be fixed with the next update, I have had no problems loading burnt games or emulated disk games as of yet,  I am rather happy,  (wii 4.2u)

Riping
I have tryed the ripping with my action replay 1.20 and it has failed I am still looking in to what has caused it, and its no big deal for me any ways as it will let me load a second disk with out much messing around, but action replay disks gives the wii sligh problems as of the firmware of the wii is two new and it has sligh problems with 4.2

Closing thoughts,
Easy to install (Not more then an hour if not experinced in the wii) ( Took me about a half hour including a break)
Easy to update
Easy to use
Reads burned disks
Nice looking base

The bad
Does not like ever sd card
Does not like my flash stick (its fat32)
Game cube games with streaming audio still have problems,
Does not work well on sideways. (like wii on the ground with out base,)
You still have to open the wii

Is It worth it...... Hell yeah.
I payed 110$ cad for it including shipping and got the required tools to open the wii and close the wii, even thought it
I love my Wode
Games Beat in 2011 (Goal 15) (Done 8/15)
Beaten:(Earthbound/Mother2(SNES)) (Super Smash Brothers(N640) (Megaman10(WII)) (Shadow the Hedgehog(GCN)) (Mario Kart DD) (PSO EP 1 @ lv 28 normal) (PSO EP2 @ lv 50 normal) (Megaman 2(NES)) (Megaman Network transmission (GCN)) (Zelda 4Swords(CUBE))

Working on : (PSO EP1+2 to get to lv200(GCN)) (Mega man Battle network 5 DS(Protoman))

Twit Menulet is a great way to experience <a href="http://www.twitmenulet.com/">Twitter for Mac</a>!

cube

• Rep: 81
  • The Cubinator
    • View Profile
Re: WODE
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 12:34:24 PM »
Which GameCube games didn't work for you? I don't know which ones have streaming audio.  I'd like to try them on my sundriver.

Mycatisbigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 10:16:25 PM »
Well I forget the list I'll see if I can pull it up, I know for a fact that one of the star foxes has streaming auido ,and im told it has a problem, but to me its fine but any ways its star fox something I think fzero aswell, but like I said, it can easyly be fixed,
I love my Wode
Beaten:(Earthbound/Mother2(SNES)) (Super Smash Brothers(N640) (Megaman10(WII)) (Shadow the Hedgehog(GCN)) (Mario Kart DD) (PSO EP 1 @ lv 28 normal) (PSO EP2 @ lv 50 normal) (Megaman 2(NES)) (Megaman Network transmission (GCN)) (Zelda 4Swords(CUBE))

Working on : (PSO EP1+2 to get to lv200(GCN)) (Mega man Battle network 5 DS(Protoman))

Twit Menulet is a great way to experience <a href="http://www.twitmenulet.com/">Twitter for Mac</a>!

KiDxMuscle

• Rep: 2
  • Dante
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 05:38:31 PM »
starfox has an audio problem i would know haha its one of my top 10

Mycatisbigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 06:01:10 PM »
yeah so does crazy taxy, but its not a super big deal
I love my Wode

KiDxMuscle

• Dante
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 06:04:24 PM »
i didnt realise crazy taxi does it also, but then saying that i still have my original game from 2000 so iv never tried getting it for another system

Mycatisbigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 06:06:34 PM »
well its still a cube\dc game and should stay on there respected systems I just use the wode for my other cube gamesthe reason it does not work is dew to some lazy work on there part with not including some wire or something
I love my Wode

KiDxMuscle

• Dante
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 06:14:53 PM »
ahhh the lazy buggers , oh and cube/dc/ps2 game

Tags: