Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: July 22, 2017, 09:41:27 PM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: PSP Go Console  (Read 1885 times)

Raysie

• Mr. Public Relations
  • Rep: 110
  • Is my avatar changing everytime you refresh?
    • View Profile
PSP Go Console
« on: January 27, 2011, 03:20:17 AM »
Well, where do I begin with this thing? First off, for a console that's supposedly a non-seller, it was close to impossible for me to find it in any store. Somehow I managed to find it today and bought it for $200 AUD and with the promise of 10 free downoadable PSP games from the PSN store.

First off I decided to get my free games, so I connect to the internet and then to the PSN store to find I needed to update first. I came to a crossroad here; Do I not update and mod my PSP Go? Or do I play it by the rules for once and update? I picked the latter, hey you get 10 free games! ....Biggest. Mistake. Ever.

I do everything I'm told to do, and eventually download some crap promotional theme so I can download my ten free games (Who makes you download a theme so you can get 10 free games? LOL). Once the theme is downloaded, I am told I have to wait for an email so I can get some sort of code to allow me to download these 10 free games. Here's the catch now, I have to wait 7-30 days to recieve that email. Yes, 7-30 days! Like WTF!?

This console was practically advertised to the shit with how you get 10 free games (And some pretty good games too), but how do they miss not telling you that you practically have to wait a month to play your free games? Who after finding out they're going to get 10 free games is going to buy PSN points to buy other games on the same day? No one! So most PSP Go purchasers can't even play a single PSP game on the damn thing. So if they're like me, they're staring at the little basterd posting a rant about it on their favourite forum.

Okay, let's pretend the whole 10 free games thing wasn't a problem. We now have the console itself. The buttons look and work so cheaply that you'd think it was a Chinese PSP nock-off and worst of all it uses some M2 memory bullcrap. So that means you can't use your old PSP memory sticks nor can you use any of the bazillion SD cards you have laying around. Just makes no sense to me. Thank goodness the PSP Go comes with 16GB internal storage, otherwise I wouldn't be able to play those 10 free games even if I could. LOL

It's a very good thing I bought the console really for collecting purposes only, because if I was a consumer that bought it for its gaming purposes I'd have sent it back straight away.

In theory the PSP Go looks like a good idea and a console of the future, but in reality it's cheaply built, useless, can't play your old PSP games, can't use your old memory sticks, it's useless, nothing's free on PSN (The only thing I could find free was crap comics), and it's useless. Did I say useless? LOL

I recommend for anyone wanting to buy a PSP to get yourselves a PSP 3000. Or better yet buy a cheap used PSP 1000 or 2000, as those 2 models out-weigh anything the PSP 3000 and PSP Go can offer in every department.

PSP Go: 3/10

Found these old site logos and thought I'd show them off for some nostalgia

Brody

• Rep: 14
  • I had a dream last night where everyone was trying
    • View Profile
Re: PSP Go Console
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 07:59:19 AM »
Cool I'm so getting one then
I use my psp1000 to play music in my car as I refuse to chalk out
so much for a Ipod
I went out and spent $170 on a nice 36gig memory card
so It's nice to know sony are complete assholes
"A minor evil for a greater good. We are the same!"

JamsX

• Rep: 8
  • オタク
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 12:28:58 AM »
Why am I not surprised?
Processor: AMD Phenom X6 1090T
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 5770
RAM: 8 gigs DDR3
Memory: 1 TB

Raysie

• Mr. Public Relations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 06:25:51 AM »
Some surprising news here, I recieved my email with the redeem code just earlier, which means I only had to wait roughly 24 hours, which is amazing considering I was expecting to wait a while.

Only downside is I can only download the free games from the PSP Go, which is a bit silly considering the game could be downloaded much faster from my PC or PS3. For example with Motor Storm, it'll take me about 50min to download a 540MB file game. Which is just stupid.

But a free game's a free game afterall.

Mycatisbigfoot

• Rep: 15
  • NYAN CAT POWERS ACTAVATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 09:05:20 PM »
That is stupid, then again im glad I keeped my psp-2000 and modded it, you can mod it know if im not mastaken, also how about that stupid usb port sony put on, how did you like that?
I love my Wode
Games Beat in 2011 (Goal 15) (Done 8/15)
Beaten:(Earthbound/Mother2(SNES)) (Super Smash Brothers(N640) (Megaman10(WII)) (Shadow the Hedgehog(GCN)) (Mario Kart DD) (PSO EP 1 @ lv 28 normal) (PSO EP2 @ lv 50 normal) (Megaman 2(NES)) (Megaman Network transmission (GCN)) (Zelda 4Swords(CUBE))

Working on : (PSO EP1+2 to get to lv200(GCN)) (Mega man Battle network 5 DS(Protoman))

Twit Menulet is a great way to experience <a href="http://www.twitmenulet.com/">Twitter for Mac</a>!

Raysie

• Mr. Public Relations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 09:33:09 PM »
That is stupid, then again im glad I keeped my psp-2000 and modded it, you can mod it know if im not mastaken, also how about that stupid usb port sony put on, how did you like that?
A PSP Go has been modable for some time now. The issue is that the latest firmware (Which has now been around since I first posted that review still can't load ISOs. It can however load homebrew.

The new USB port was ridiculous. I just see no reason why they couldn't just leave it as it was.

Mycatisbigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 10:31:24 PM »
What it can not load iso files? if it only exploitable with that chickhen bull "sh*t?"  can it not run CFW? can you not use an iso loader? I have herd they work rather well for what they do,

and yeah that usb port just pissed me the right off with my frends go,
I love my Wode
Beaten:(Earthbound/Mother2(SNES)) (Super Smash Brothers(N640) (Megaman10(WII)) (Shadow the Hedgehog(GCN)) (Mario Kart DD) (PSO EP 1 @ lv 28 normal) (PSO EP2 @ lv 50 normal) (Megaman 2(NES)) (Megaman Network transmission (GCN)) (Zelda 4Swords(CUBE))

Working on : (PSO EP1+2 to get to lv200(GCN)) (Mega man Battle network 5 DS(Protoman))

Twit Menulet is a great way to experience <a href="http://www.twitmenulet.com/">Twitter for Mac</a>!

Raysie

• Mr. Public Relations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 11:11:35 PM »
What it can not load iso files? if it only exploitable with that chickhen bull "sh*t?"  can it not run CFW? can you not use an iso loader? I have herd they work rather well for what they do,
Previous firmwares for the PSP Go can load ISOs with no issues.

These days homebrew enablers are all signed software, so at least the whole enabling homebrew is a lot easier.

Mycatisbigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 11:26:26 PM »
yeah you are right there, but im fine on my cfw, the one thing I hate is that stupid lock, though on the 2k,

I use my psp as an ipod and if I lock it and want to change songs I unlock it then it sleeps and I have to wait an adition 2 minuits to get it to play
I love my Wode

grimangel

• Executioner of Trolls
  • Rep: 12
  • Infamous, Legendary, I'd rather be me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 03:37:37 AM »
Wow, that is why im totally in love with phat's (too bad my ps3 and nds arent but oh well, at least i got the good slims eh).

Nice rev ray, never had any love for the go anyway.
"Good thing we merge, since i'm loving my PS3 more than my Wii"

Tags: