Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: October 31, 2014, 06:51:59 AM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: ProjectBlackTower!  (Read 13697 times)

Raysie

• Mr. Public Relations
  • Rep: 110
  • Is my avatar changing everytime you refresh?
    • View Profile
ProjectBlackTower!
« on: February 23, 2010, 01:44:15 AM »

Hey guys, I've got some great news involving the growth of not only the community, but also in recources. Myself and Rooskie decided about a month ago that we were both interested into making a full fledged PS2 ISO site just like ThePurpleCube.

The site has still not officially been launched, although we have started working on it. We are hoping that the site will launch officially within 2 weeks (I will notify everyone if that changes). Thanks to a number of existing members here at Thepurplecube, we've already gotten the ball rolling with PS2 ISO's. A big thanks to Grimangel, Space Biscuit and WiiGamin is in order.

After chatting with cube earlier today, he agreed that the site will go ahead and be a direct affiliate to Thepurplecube.

Everyone behind getting the site on its feet are very excited to see it up and running soon and hope that Thepurplecube's great community can join us in creating something special, just like this great ISO site we visit everyday.

If anyone would like to help ProjectBlackTower out with uploading PS2/PS1 ISO's, let me know....It would be greatly appreciated. In the end we know a PS2 ISO site without PS2  ISO's wouldn't be much fun would it?

Thanks for reading guys! If you have any questions or even complaints, post here. :)

(PS. Yes I know I have not provided a link to the site, but I think it would be best if you saw it when it was more closer to completion.)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:50:09 AM by Raysie »

Found these old site logos and thought I'd show them off for some nostalgia

Slisk

• Rep: 22
    • View Profile
Re: ProjectBlackTower!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 06:52:45 AM »
Sounds great, although I don't have many PS2 games, I will help with the ones I have.

But aren't Ps2 games still in commerical use? :P

Lim3Hero

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 07:07:32 AM »
Sounds great, although I don't have many PS2 games, I will help with the ones I have.

They dont care. They are hardcore.
 ;)

Raysie

• Mr. Public Relations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 07:15:26 AM »
The PS2 is pretty much 95% in the grave in terms of being in commercial use. Technically yes, it is still commercial. But remember, that commercial rule was a rule made for TPC and TPC alone.

Rooskie

• Web / Graphic Designer
  • Rep: 71
  • Peacetime Mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 11:23:30 AM »
Heh, you went ahead and made the topic anyways.

Raysie pretty much summed it up.  Yes it's still commercial but waiting for it to fully die is a wait we don't want to go through with if we don't need to.  Activision is dropping support for the PS2 this year (no more PS2 GH) and Sony shouldn't care at all.  They've got a slew of exclusives coming to the PS3 this year to boost sales, and the files we have to offer currently cannot be run on a PS3 in any way.  If that makes us hardcore to you then yes, we're quite hardcore :P

Raysie didn't drop much in the way of stats though.  We've currently got:
-22 PS2 titles available for download
-18 NTSC-U
-4 PAL
-3 uploaders and 3 additional administrators who will be uploading if they haven't already

Let us know if you're interested in becoming a part of the project.
Chatterx's Revenge:
1. Outland | 2. Uncharted 2

Space

• Executioner of Damacia
  • Rep: 26
  • Have you seen my bear tibbers?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 01:58:17 PM »
we have also got a selection of psx titles also :)
ps2 iso selection grow by the day
it is good to see that its now known about.
i am happy to say that i'm 100% behind project black tower and TPC :)
-Under Construction-

Nerazim

• Rep: 77
  • I bask in the twilight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 03:19:14 PM »
i like the project :)

sadly i dont have the time and space to build a whole archive and help filling all stuff, but i can help you guys with newly released games (in oRARs), so i can upload +/- 2 game per week.

Warlock77

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 05:03:22 PM »
Sign me up as a PS2 Tech.  I know a lot of the ins and outs of FMCB, ESR, converting CD based PS2 games to DVD based PS2 games, using all types of cheat devices (CodeBreaker, Game Shark, Action Replay, Swap Magic Coder).  I also know some information on PSX emulation.  :D

macgeek417

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 05:10:07 PM »
yaay, he finally announced it!
:D

EDIT: Hey Raysie... you gave a big thanks to pretty much every member there but me...
:P

Raysie

• Mr. Public Relations
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 05:44:59 PM »
i like the project :)

sadly i dont have the time and space to build a whole archive and help filling all stuff, but i can help you guys with newly released games (in oRARs), so i can upload +/- 2 game per week.
Anything you're able to help with is great Nerazim. :)

Sign me up as a PS2 Tech.  I know a lot of the ins and outs of FMCB, ESR, converting CD based PS2 games to DVD based PS2 games, using all types of cheat devices (CodeBreaker, Game Shark, Action Replay, Swap Magic Coder).  I also know some information on PSX emulation.  :D
Great! The site needs a guy like you when it's up and running.

I'm personally pretty excited to have TPC and PBT working together side by side. What I didn't get to mention in the first post was that in no way will PBT get in the way of TPC. I'll still be still working hard on TPC aswell as PBT to make sure both sites are the best at what they do.

Space

• Executioner of Damacia
  • Rep: 26
  • Have you seen my bear tibbers?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 08:16:05 AM »
well i seem to be very lucky, i've done a fair share of ps2 games atm :)
its going to  be great to get the two sites working side by side :)
-Under Construction-

drdirtbag

• Rep: 1
  • i farted
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 12:09:05 PM »
i was thinking about looking to gettin a ps2 to mod , theres alot of games for it

Slisk

• Rep: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 02:03:32 PM »
Heh, you went ahead and made the topic anyways.

Raysie pretty much summed it up.  Yes it's still commercial but waiting for it to fully die is a wait we don't want to go through with if we don't need to.  Activision is dropping support for the PS2 this year (no more PS2 GH) and Sony shouldn't care at all.  They've got a slew of exclusives coming to the PS3 this year to boost sales, and the files we have to offer currently cannot be run on a PS3 in any way.  If that makes us hardcore to you then yes, we're quite hardcore :P

Raysie didn't drop much in the way of stats though.  We've currently got:
-22 PS2 titles available for download
-18 NTSC-U
-4 PAL
-3 uploaders and 3 additional administrators who will be uploading if they haven't already

Let us know if you're interested in becoming a part of the project.

This is why TPC is so great, you got things checked out before doing stuff :D!

Well I can't say that I will "be a part" of the project, my little sister got a few sing star games and after that we have like.. 3 legit games. :P

Nerazim

• Rep: 77
  • I bask in the twilight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 09:06:43 AM »
BG started a ps2 project as well.. you should check it out :)

macgeek417

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2010, 07:59:24 PM »
BG?

Tags: