Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: November 17, 2017, 09:43:16 PM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: New Signature Standards  (Read 2973 times)

Rooskie

• Web / Graphic Designer
  • Rep: 71
  • Peacetime Mandalorian
    • View Profile
New Signature Standards
« on: June 02, 2011, 04:32:23 AM »
I am sick of mile long signatures.  Because of this the signature rule has been amended.  Before it allowed for images with a maximum height of 300px.  This rule apparently wasn't clear and several users have made signatures much taller than this.  Personally I feel 300 pixels is way more than enough to express yourself.  We've had a bit of a debate behind the scenes about what size images we should allow and what to do about additional lines of text.  Here is the solution:

You now have 350 vertical pixels to do whatever you want with.  Anything over that is automatically cut off.

This means you can have a 300 pixel image and a couple lines of text.  You could have all text, maybe a few small images instead, the new soundcloud feature a small image and some text, etc.  Just know at 350 pixels it's going to cut you off.  You don't get a scroll bar for your signature showing the whole thing, you just get cut off.  I'd like to thank Croixiane for being a perfect example of the signature limit.  Her signature is absolutely as large as yours can be.  It's what the limit was based on.

So with the nerf bat to signatures there has also been a new added feature.  SFDark requested we add support for SoundCloud on the site.  It has been added and you are free to use it in your signatures or topics.  Go to www.soundcloud.com and search for the song you want, then add it like this:
Code: [Select]
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/samueljtarling/exile-vilify[/soundcloud]
Height is currently not modifiable, but width can be set with the width property just like with images:
Code: [Select]
[soundcloud width=400]http://soundcloud.com/samueljtarling/exile-vilify[/soundcloud]

Width by percentage is not possible at this time.  An example of the soundcloud tag in action can currently be seen in my signature.  For those of you wondering, soundcloud will take up 81 vertical pixels.  If you use one in your signature that will leave 269 vertical pixels remaining for the rest.
Chatterx's Revenge:
1. Outland | 2. Uncharted 2

SFDark

• Rep: 1
  • War Never Changes.
    • View Profile
Re: New Signature Standards
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 01:25:34 PM »
Yay its official!  :D
Thanks again for this.

Chatterx's Games Beaten in 2011:
1. Portal 2
2. Dead Space 2
3. Amnesia: The Dark Descent/Justine
4. Assassin's Creed
5. Half-Life 2

Virtus

• Silent Antagonist
  • Rep: 80
  • cout << "Yay";
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »
Thanks for finally taking care of the issue. 350 vertical pixels is more than enough.

Croixiane

• Rep: 24
  • When there is hope, there is a way~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 08:30:56 PM »
Yes I'm agree with Wiigamin 350 pixel is more than enough...
Thank you and I'm honored that you are mention my name even though I just obey the rules....

GreenKirby

• Rep: 7
  • Kirby is my friend AS YOU SHOULD TELL <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 09:13:17 PM »
I believe mine is great thanks though i do not like SUPER long sigs good job Croixiane

drfeelgud88

• Rep: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 11:55:27 AM »
I don't even have a sig, so I'm good  :)

KnightRaider

• I'm Autistic
  • Rep: 15
  • Got a problem with that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 05:27:45 AM »
my siggie isn't that big right??? croixiane made it for me lolz so it has to be perfect am i right lolz ::)

GreenKirby

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 12:18:27 PM »
Yea its all good sonic boy.

Rooskie

• Web / Graphic Designer
  • Peacetime Mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 07:54:17 PM »
It's 50px over the limit.  As you can see it just gets cut off.  Doesn't matter to us if you fix it or not since it just gets cut off now.
Chatterx's Revenge:

Croixiane

• Rep: 24
  • When there is hope, there is a way~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 09:21:51 PM »
LOL Sonic sig got cut off in my photoshop,
I just put the height exact as 300 pixel so when I make that I didn't realize that it got cut off in my photoshop.

KnightRaider

• I'm Autistic
  • Got a problem with that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 06:03:56 AM »
yeah thanks to croixiane she made it a bit better lolz :D

cube

• Rep: 81
  • The Cubinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2011, 09:33:42 AM »
Thanks Rooskie, much better now!

GreenKirby

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 01:49:28 PM »
At least its not a super hard to follow rule considering its cut off haha:))

Mycatisbigfoot

• NYAN CAT POWERS ACTAVATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 06:05:01 PM »
it takes up to much ram with chrome when an instance of it loads, as my ram useage goes up alot, is there a way I can tun it off from loading as I find its kind of usless anyways
I love my Wode
Games Beat in 2011 (Goal 15) (Done 8/15)
Beaten:(Earthbound/Mother2(SNES)) (Super Smash Brothers(N640) (Megaman10(WII)) (Shadow the Hedgehog(GCN)) (Mario Kart DD) (PSO EP 1 @ lv 28 normal) (PSO EP2 @ lv 50 normal) (Megaman 2(NES)) (Megaman Network transmission (GCN)) (Zelda 4Swords(CUBE))

Working on : (PSO EP1+2 to get to lv200(GCN)) (Mega man Battle network 5 DS(Protoman))

Twit Menulet is a great way to experience <a href="http://www.twitmenulet.com/">Twitter for Mac</a>!

Rooskie

• Web / Graphic Designer
  • Peacetime Mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 01:51:02 AM »
it takes up to much ram with chrome when an instance of it loads, as my ram useage goes up alot, is there a way I can tun it off from loading as I find its kind of usless anyways
To disable flash on specific websites you can use the extension FlashBlock available on Chrome and Firefox (but here's the Chrome version) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cdngiadmnkhgemkimkhiilgffbjijcie

Alternatively you can go to your look and layout options in your profile and disable signatures.  Of course that will disable all signatures. 
Chatterx's Revenge:

Tags: