Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: October 20, 2017, 04:25:31 PM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: How do I swap disks on Dolphin?  (Read 2043 times)

Puppyy780

• Rep: 0
  • Dahdahdah dah dahdah! Puppyy Power!
    • View Profile
How do I swap disks on Dolphin?
« on: March 20, 2013, 08:50:42 PM »
AHHH! Help me, please!

I've spent some time playing the REmake of Resident Evil and I'm to the part in the game where I have to swap to disk 2.

The problem...?

How do I swap disks? I've tried playing the disk 2 ISO and loading my data from that, but I still get the disk swap screen.
Does anyone have a solution? Not only for this game, but for any other game with 2 disks.

As always, thanks for the help!  ;D
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

torturelabs

• Rep: 72
  • I'm into autoerotic-asphyxiation, how about you?
    • View Profile
Re: How do I swap disks on Dolphin?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 09:54:27 PM »
#2 zeldajcn...@gmail.com
I tried many revision of Dolphin from r5995 to r60xx. But only 5995 (and maybe previous revision of 5995) can change disc. From r5996 to now (r6156) can not change disc. So if you want to play disc2, you have to have both r5995 & r6xxx. First, you can save your current progress of game to memory card from your r6xxx, and copy that memory card to r5995. Run game with r5995 and load from memory card, go to the scene where the game require you change the disc2. Go to menu Emulation-->Change disc and load the disc2, the game will continue going on to disc2. Save the game to memory card, and copy r5995's memory card to r6xxx's memory card. Now, you run game with r6xxx and load from memory card, and continue the game... :D
https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/issues/detail?id=3052
http://www.emucr.com/2010/07/dolphin-svn-r5998.html
Provide the save, if you want us to test it out first.

Puppyy780

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 02:11:35 PM »
None of the download links work, if I'm doing what you're saying to do.

So, you're saying I have to download another version of Dolphin and load my data into that one?

Also, I use save states, not actually in-game saves for this game. Does it have to be an actual memory card save or would save states work?

I'm so sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult, but I'm still relatively new to Dolphin, so I'm trying to learn and understand all of it.

Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

torturelabs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 08:35:11 PM »
Oh, I see, you can't load previous savestaes then?
You're pretty much screwed if you didn't save before both via game and savestates.

Puppyy780

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 10:31:00 PM »
Exactly. I don't save it to the "memory card."

So, if I save it that way, like in this case, I'm playing Resident Evil, so I use the typewriter and save the game the way you're supposed to, it should work, I guess? How is that? I still don't really understand how to continue my game on disk 2, even if I save it in-game as compared to save states.

Again, sorry. Not trying to be difficult. I just don't want to mess anything up. :P

Sora

• Rep: 41
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 07:55:15 AM »
Play until you get the change disc screen Then File > Change Disc... Load Disc 2 and you should be ready to go

Puppyy780

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 01:03:50 PM »

You know, I read that somewhere else and I swear that that option was never there before. You mention it and now it's there. lol.

I'll try it and see if that works.

Thanks so much!

torturelabs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 08:32:26 PM »
I misread so much.......... I saw what Sora stated elsewhere haha
Though some said that the game still had compatibility issues with Disk 2 after being loaded.

Puppyy780

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 04:26:36 PM »
Well, I got it to work and beat the game no problem!

It did crash one time a little after I started disk 2, but other than that, I didn't have any issues.

Thanks so much for your help, though! I really appreciate it!

ThomasHew

• View Profile
Hi
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 11:48:52 PM »
konsolidacja zadłużenia Przemyśl jaki kredyt konsolidacyjny Zamośc konsolidacja dla zadłużonych Strzyżów.
kredyt konsolidacyjny Nisko konsolidacja zadłużenia Ropczyce konsolidacja kredytu Nowy Sącz.
pożyczka bez bik Krosno kredyt gotówkowy Zamośc kredyt na oświadczenie Sanok.

Tags: