Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: September 22, 2017, 05:33:19 PM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: Google developing Android-based game console?  (Read 2030 times)

Virtus

• Silent Antagonist
  • Rep: 80
  • cout << "Yay";
    • View Profile
Google developing Android-based game console?
« on: June 27, 2013, 08:16:52 PM »
Google Inc. is developing a videogame console and wristwatch powered by its Android operating system, according to people familiar with the matter, as the Internet company seeks to spread the software beyond smartphones and tablets.

With the game machine and digital watch, Google is hoping to combat similar devices that Apple Inc. may release in the future, according to the people.

Google is also preparing to release a second version of an Android-powered media-streaming device, called Nexus Q, that was unveiled last year but not sold to the public, these people said.

The Internet giant hopes to design and market the devices itself and release at least one of them this fall, they added.

A Google spokeswoman declined to comment.

[Continued...]
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Source
Source 2
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:28:36 PM by Virtus »

acer7

• Rep: 6
  • "I will bite you to death" ~Kyoya
    • View Profile
Re: Google developing Android-based game console?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 02:57:16 AM »
There are already many android based game console.It would be great if Google would whip up a new Gaming console that would be on par with PS4 and Xbox One.

Virtus

• Silent Antagonist
  • Rep: 80
  • cout << "Yay";
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »
Indeed. The Ouya is really promising, but at the same time it's rather disappointing in what it can actually do. If Google could come up with something that holds more value to developers and gamers alike, then that would certainly be great.

I have the same sentiment towards Apple as well.

KnightRaider

• I'm Autistic
  • Rep: 15
  • Got a problem with that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 03:54:29 AM »
Hmm seems interesting, I wonder Google is probably really rich to do this lol.

Tags: