Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: November 17, 2017, 09:27:29 PM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: Best way to play SNES games on gamecube? (snes9x-gx or retroarch)  (Read 3481 times)

hypermuffin

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
Hi, guys :) I recently got into emulating games on my gamecube and I want play snes games because the gamecube controller feels wonderful with them.

I've tried both Snes9x GX 4.3.2 and and Snes9x-Next on retroarch and both have given me a couple of issues. In Snes9x-Next (retroarch) I tried playing Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, and Super Mario RPG and garbage graphics show up on the screen, also the frame rate is not very good for those games (except DK Country). With Snes9x GX I tried the same games and they didn't show garbage graphics but the frame rate was not good on Yoshi's Island and Mario RPG.

Is there a certain version or Snes9x GX or retroarch where those games can be played smoothly? Or is snes emulation limited by the gamecube's hardware.

torturelabs

• Rep: 72
  • I'm into autoerotic-asphyxiation, how about you?
    • View Profile
Re: Best way to play SNES games on gamecube? (snes9x-gx or retroarch)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 03:31:21 PM »
Part of it depends on your your 'boot method' for compatibility.

This is the latest SNES emulator from the devs 2012: https://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/downloads/list

I wouldn't trust the RetroArch as they are known to cause issues on older consoles.

There are also plenty of discussion on gc-forever about this: http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1219

hypermuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 12:45:16 AM »
Thanks for the reply!

I will check out that thread

hypermuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 04:35:00 PM »
Part of it depends on your your 'boot method' for compatibility.

This is the latest SNES emulator from the devs 2012: https://code.google.com/p/snes9x-gx/downloads/list

I wouldn't trust the RetroArch as they are known to cause issues on older consoles.

There are also plenty of discussion on gc-forever about this: http://www.gc-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1219

By 'boot method' do you mean old AR with sdload vs. newer AR/SD Launcher? If yes, is one of the two more compatible with emulators?

MarioMadness

• Rep: 24
  • It's Me,Mario!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 04:22:46 AM »
being a great member I think he ment old AR,, going back pages I'm sure he almost saying the same thing..... I know a couple memebers on here can sell and shit you something. Just ask some main members, they have have been on top.. I got my own catergory.... Need help can help... I got  my followers from helping.. :P

torturelabs

• Rep: 72
  • I'm into autoerotic-asphyxiation, how about you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2015, 08:56:21 PM »
By 'boot method' do you mean old AR with sdload vs. newer AR/SD Launcher? If yes, is one of the two more compatible with emulators?
To clarify it has more to do with the SDcards used, some brands run faster than others (I've found) and don't make the emulator run as choppy/black-screens etc.
Some people have also stated they have issues with different boot methods as you mentioned, and because of this some users have made 'pre-config.ed compatible version' for variant boot methods.

gc-forever is the place to go to get straight and more in-deph answers on gamecube related brew.

State your boot method etc. and I'm sure they can help you out.

shit you
hahahah

hypermuffin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 08:38:23 PM »
Thanks!

I'm using a 128mb SanDisk sd card and I have both the old AR and SD Media Launcher. I tried the 0.1.1b version of Snes9x GX and it does run games at a good speed but I find the interface so damn ugly, haha. I wish the latest version could run at that speed because more features and better interface.

I will check gc-forever for more tips and download pre-configured files as well  O0

Tags: