Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: November 17, 2017, 09:33:59 PM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: Some questions about my GC  (Read 1325 times)

zaltoman

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
Some questions about my GC
« on: April 18, 2014, 12:54:26 PM »
Hi guys,

I bought a Gamecube at the second hand store about 2-3 weeks ago. Since i knew that gamecube games are becomming very exspensive and i still wanted to experience the old gamecube feeling i bought it in the hope there was some kind of modding option for it. And there was. So 3 weeks later i got the SD media launcher from datel. I used an 2gb SD card from Transcend and i wanted to boot good ol' Smash brothers from it. But when i got swiss on it and it was running it couldn't recognize the file. When i load up the game the screen just becomes black. Does someone knows what im doing wrong? And yes i am aware about the fact that the files need to be a exact size.

As second i burned some games on some TDK mini DVD-RW (they dont sell the recommended ones anymore in holland) and i wanted to play them. But they didn't load. My Gamecube doesn't even try to load it it just gives up after about 3 seconds. Is this a POT problem or is it the disks. I tried to POT it but my Multimeter is not measuring the ohms. It justs stays at 100 and doesn't do anything when i turn it.

these are alot of questions but im hopeing someone can maybe anser 1.

Thanks!

quailstorm

• Rep: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Some questions about my GC
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 12:58:30 PM »
Man, is it even chipped? I don't think so. You'll need to get a XenoGC 2 installed first. And forget about DVD RW first, not all XenoGCs are compatible.

I don't have SD launcher, but if I'm right, you need first GC linux to boot up, and you launch the game with linux.

I see you messed up with the POT too. Very bad idea. Get it back to 200ohms, it must work with verbatim DVD-R. You don't wanna blow a hole to the wall with that laser.
Also, get a cheap digital multimeter too.
Don't hesitate to contact me if my upload's are not available.
Safelinking may be down when you try to download, retry in a day, it will work. But without link hiding, downloads disappear quickly.

torturelabs

• Rep: 72
  • I'm into autoerotic-asphyxiation, how about you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 07:36:31 PM »
I don't have SD launcher, but if I'm right, you need first GC linux to boot up, and you launch the game with linux.
Nope.
The SDML comes with a boot disk and the adapter.
All you need to do is buy an SD or SDHC make a folder and name it ISO, drop your games in there,
download the SWISS.dol file, and you're good to go.
It's a simpler solution than soldering a chip.
You can also download GCoS.dol and boot games via MiniDVD

GC-Linux is useed to boot some 'hombrew', in particular SWISSautoBOOT version in conjunction with a WODE or WiiKeyFusion
Though, these methods require soldering, something that I assume the OP wants to avoid.

Hi guys,

I bought a Gamecube at the second hand store about 2-3 weeks ago. Since i knew that gamecube games are becomming very exspensive and i still wanted to experience the old gamecube feeling i bought it in the hope there was some kind of modding option for it. And there was. So 3 weeks later i got the SD media launcher from datel. I used an 2gb SD card from Transcend and i wanted to boot good ol' Smash brothers from it. But when i got swiss on it and it was running it couldn't recognize the file. When i load up the game the screen just becomes black. Does someone knows what im doing wrong? And yes i am aware about the fact that the files need to be a exact size.

As second i burned some games on some TDK mini DVD-RW (they dont sell the recommended ones anymore in holland) and i wanted to play them. But they didn't load. My Gamecube doesn't even try to load it it just gives up after about 3 seconds. Is this a POT problem or is it the disks. I tried to POT it but my Multimeter is not measuring the ohms. It justs stays at 100 and doesn't do anything when i turn it.

these are alot of questions but im hopeing someone can maybe anser 1.

Thanks!
You're kinda jumping all over the place, ok let see here...
And yes i am aware about the fact that the files need to be a exact size.
The file does not need to be 1.35GB, that's only if you'll be burning the game onto a MiniDVD
Just make sure that your card is not in the locked position and that you've formatted it to FAT32 (or FAT16)
Then after that download this: SD Media Launcher - Starter Pack!
Put it all on the SD card and that's it.
Just load the SWISS.dol and it should work.
Also, make sure your ISO is not corrupt.

Brand generally doesn't matter, to be honest.
Just auto-burn at 2x (anything higher can cause ALLOT of DRE's)
The pot may be the issue, just buy a working multimeter.
(sounds like ou may have killed it if you're going in blind)

Are you running your games through GCoS.dol or GCoS1.5.dol when on miniDVD?
If not, then that is the issue.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 02:59:04 AM by torturelabs »

quailstorm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 08:04:12 AM »
And how fast is this SD media launcher? I'm getting interested in purchasing one. DVD-Rs are getting more expensive. Also I decided to emulate PSX on my PC since I have a PSX controller to play with. Better resolution, no messing around with the memory cards.
Safelinking may be down when you try to download, retry in a day, it will work. But without link hiding, downloads disappear quickly.

torturelabs

• Rep: 72
  • I'm into autoerotic-asphyxiation, how about you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 09:04:03 PM »
And how fast is this SD media launcher? I'm getting interested in purchasing one. DVD-Rs are getting more expensive. Also I decided to emulate PSX on my PC since I have a PSX controller to play with. Better resolution, no messing around with the memory cards.
SWISS.dol runs .ISO and .GCM files at around a 95% compatibility rate.
There are minor glitches and audio garble in some games, but it's hardly noticeable in most.
Usually cut scenes have this issue, gameplay, from what I've found is not affected in any way.

Here's a video I made a while back.
It's a much older rev so the obvious "issues" may have already been fixed:
Code: [Select]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zn-5MgIKOQ
SD and SDHC supported, up to 64GB+
NOTE: The SWISS menu states SDgecko, it'll show that no matter what SD card reader you have gecko/wiikeySD etc.

It's worth it, to be honest, especially if you rather not solder anymore.
The hombrew for it isn't bad either - emulators/app
You would still need to adjust the pot if you plan on running via miniDVD on GCoS.dol

EDIT:
Note to self, update everything in SDML pack lol

quailstorm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 05:14:42 PM »
Looks good enough.
I've got my GC XenoGC chipped, and it eats DVDs at 200ohms. But I hate using, burning, storing DVDs. Also, they became expensive.

Tags: