Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: November 24, 2017, 11:27:05 AM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: SD media launcher problems.  (Read 951 times)

jrdehais

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
SD media launcher problems.
« on: March 19, 2014, 06:03:46 PM »
Good afternoon,

so starters, I do know the basics behind homebrew and have been able to work with psp, ps2 and wii systems... yesterday I received a used SD Media Launcher card with an Action Replay disc... according to the previous owner he was able to use it like that with a 4gb regular SD card (not HC) that was provided as well... card came formatted :( so no software.

I follow a bunch of tutorials on SD Boot, autoexec.dol, swiss, etc... nothing seems to work at all, SD formatted to FAT32 and files in the root, action replay disc inside the GC, I just get the list of games and FREELoader option to show up, nothing more, no black screen no nothing, can someone help me with that please? Any ideas on whats going on?

cube

• Rep: 81
  • The Cubinator
    • View Profile
Re: SD media launcher problems.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 09:15:26 PM »
Glad you mentioned that you formatted your SD card to FAT32. Swiss and other SD loaders actually only support FAT16!

torturelabs

• Rep: 72
  • I'm into autoerotic-asphyxiation, how about you?
    • View Profile
Re: SD media launcher problems.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 07:50:23 PM »
Are you using the ARdisk+SDMLadapter method, yep?
If so, make sure that the AR disk is not one of the newer versions.
Anything before 1.14 will work like a charm.

If it's a newer version of AR it's a gray area, since codejunkies messed up with some cards which are still in circulation.
That shibe 'may' have screwed you over.

Note, that you will also need the SDML.iso or SDML.dol and SWISSautoBOOT in the root of your card in order for it to work in conjunction with an AR disk.
Your card can be formatted to FAT32 (or FAT16) it doesn't matter.

SDHC work just as well as with normal SD's
I only strongly suggest that people use regular SD's instead of HC since many compatibility issues can be avoided this way.

You're better of just buying a new SDML

Tags: