Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: November 24, 2017, 11:21:15 AM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: Swiss: "This file is fragmented" Please Help!  (Read 3045 times)

randomeguy

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
Swiss: "This file is fragmented" Please Help!
« on: April 27, 2013, 02:49:48 PM »
Hey guys, I just ran into this problem while I was trying to play some games with "Swiss" and my "SD Media Launcher" on my gamecube. So, first I dug up a plain 2gb SD card (Not SDHC) and used that to boot "Swiss". Once "Swiss" was booted I switched out SD cards and put in my 16gb SDHC card that had the games on it (Formatted to FAT and such) and it showed all of the files fine. I selected a game and it showed the icon/ artwork or whatever. I pressed "A" to load, said "No" for "DVD disk for max performance" and then it said "This file is fragmented!" and had a loading screen for booting up the game. Once it reached "100%" the screen turned green and nothing happened. After that I tried "reformatting" and "defragging" many times in many different orders. Thanks guys I appreciate your help!

torturelabs

• Rep: 72
  • I'm into autoerotic-asphyxiation, how about you?
    • View Profile
Re: Swiss: "This file is fragmented" Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 10:10:54 PM »
http://128bit.me/index.php?topic=30801.msg204671#msg204671
How many ISOs do you have on the sd card? try with just one, the more you have on there the greater are the chances of it being fragmented
Also, check and see if the .ISO is corrupt by running it through Dolphin
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:41:14 PM by torturelabs »

randomeguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 09:13:06 AM »
Hey thanks for the response! I really appreciate the help! I tested all of the "ISO"s in Dolphin, and also have tried just having one of them on the SD card :/ . Any other ideas? Thanks!

torturelabs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 11:14:37 AM »
Latest SWISS supports fragmented files, so it's odd.
Not really any other ideas, just use a smaller card or boot via GCoS, larger cards are known to have compatibility issues.
I've verified this as well as many others.

If you think about it, why would anyone want more than 3 games on one card for the SDML;
Transfer rates are not that great with SD's & compatibility for games is 'ok' at best, since cutscenes and other parts of games are severely glitched, not to mention some games don't even work yet.

The SDML is also very picky with cards, so that's another thing to look into.
Read and write speeds may be the culprit of that.

In the end GCoS is your best option, it has %100 compatibility with all games.
Media is not that expensive and adjusting you laser pot (if required) is simple to do.

randomeguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 12:24:53 PM »
Alright, well this kind of sucks. I've tried burning the mini-dvds before and they were pretty pricey and it took a while to get one out of the 3 pack to work. That was probably my fault, but I thought an SD card would be a lot more convenient. Do you know any other software than Swiss that supports SDHC to run games? Thanks I appreciate the help!

torturelabs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 01:00:01 PM »
There was SDload, but that's outdated now.
Only those two programs exist for the SDML
SWISS is being updated, you can post your issues here and see if they fix that.
Here's a SWISS compatibility list as well: http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Swiss/Compatibility_List

Tags: