Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: November 17, 2017, 09:31:15 PM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: Wind Waker SDML issues  (Read 1290 times)

torturelabs

• Rep: 72
  • I'm into autoerotic-asphyxiation, how about you?
    • View Profile
Wind Waker SDML issues
« on: April 09, 2013, 10:17:36 PM »
Quote from: digijedi569
On Zelda Wind Waker I get this message;

"The game cannot be saved.
The device inserted in Slot A is not a Memory Card. Please insert a functional Memory Card in Slot A."

Also to note, I'm booting Wind Waker directly from the sd card using SWISS.dol, because when I tried using IMGBURN to burn the .iso to a mini dvd-r, it either messed up the burn somehow, I'm not sure, because I burned at 2x speeds, made sure the .iso was at 1.35gb, and that I used good quality RitaData mini dvd-r's.

I just ordered a gamecube memory card from Amazon, but it won't be here until Monday next week, and I'd like to find a fix tonight so I can play Wind Waker, thanks everybody.

I saw a lot of your answers relating to the sd media launcher from a lot of the google searches I did, I hope I'm not bothering you.
No personal data was released in your PM, so I'll use you as an example.
I just want to start off by saying this to not only you, but others who require assistance from me.
It really bugs me that you guys just sign up just to PM me, please don't do this.
I'm not mad and it's not against the site rules, but personally it bugs me.
So, guys please, ask for me in IRC (we could set-up Skype or chat) or sign-up and at least introduce yourself if you're going to be part of the community.
Thanks ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to your question(s);
The reasons it most likely failed when you tried to run the burned copy was because your laser pot wasn't adjusted properly to read backups.
You would need to do this first in order for a physical copy to work.

Whether you downloaded my Starter Pack or not, your SDML should be in SLOT-B at all times.
The only exception being when you want to run AR cheats, which requires swapping, which believe it or not is safe to do at any point.

My questions / Other thoughts;
Are you trying to save without a memory card? Explain this part:
"The game cannot be saved.
You know, since you're ordering one.
From what I gather you're trying to save with the SDML itself, which is not possible.
Then again, you're ordering one, so you'd assume (if it were possible) the 2GB would be more than enough to save with.

Where you originally planning on making a thread?
, thanks everybody.
If so, you should'va done so.

digijedi569

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Wind Waker SDML issues
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 07:00:39 PM »
Thank you, and yes, this was written on Yahoo Answers, but since nobody answered it, Google was completely useless for this, and I'm a dunce in general, I thought I'd ask you. I don't have any money left right now to get the thingy needed to adjust the pot, but my memory card did arrive today, could I bug you for one last question plz? I've been trying to get Luigis Mansion to load with Swiss.dol, GCOS 1.5, and GCOS 1.x beta, With Swiss.dol, what happens to me, is it shows the game like all other games normally do, starts it, and if I don't press any buttons, plays the intro, and the intro video of Luigi roaming in the woods, but if I press start or A, it freezes. Now, I've tried using multiple roms, but it seems every iso I try I get the same exact result, the one I ripped even does the same thing, I can't find a PAL .iso to test this with though. All other games I've tried all work perfectly when loaded via sdgecko, no problems whatsoever, they save to the memory card, even emulators run flawlessly, but this one game doesn't work. It's bugging me to no end, but I don't know what to do, it works on Dolphin on my PC, and the original disc runs normally on my gamecube, so I don't know if it's my fault, the .iso's fault, or if I'm using the wrong program, "which doesn't seem likely since all the other games run perfectly."

By the way, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me on my previous question, the reason I asked you personally, is that you seemed to actually know what you were saying, and I prefer the direct approach as opposed to posting a question on a forum and waiting in hopes of someone seeing it, selfish of me yes, but it's also very generous of you, which I really do thank you for.

torturelabs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 01:13:26 AM »
Thanks for not responding like an asshat, I dig it :p
I've recieve very rude responses in the past for no reason :/

I'm willing to help anybody anyday it's no problem at all, that's what I'm here for most of the time and like to do ;-)

Well, I just tested both the US and EU releases and got the same results on both (game crashes on 'Start' screen) even with the motor on/off.
It just may be one of those games with compatibility issues.
The .ISO's are not the issue in this case, nor is the emulator.
SWISS is the best available emulator ('program') for the GC by the way.

Keep in mind that SWISS is still in BETA testing and not all games will work at full speed.
I haven't seen a compatibility list online and think that starting one here would be useless as SWISS is updated everytime the Wii version is updated.
Keeping track and editing working games would be a difficult, monotonous process.

You can check weekly on gc-forever for updates.
If you're the impatient type, one of the staff or I can always mod the laser pot for you.
Tight on cash? No problem!
I can gift you a $25 gift card for Amazon so you can buy the GameBit screwdriver and Digital Multimeter yourself.

For those interested in seeing SWISS in action;
Games are very much playable, but don't expect perfection as of now since the program is still in BETA as mentioned above.
Backups are best played on mini-DVD's - you won't run into any compatibility issues through GCoS 1.5
Cutscenes may have some glitching (not lag) but gameplay is unaffected.
My brother and I LOL everytime he comes over and I load the game through the SD card when I'm too lazy to get up and get the disc >;3

SDML_SSBM_TEST05
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 01:20:53 AM by torturelabs »

digijedi569

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 01:59:18 AM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/140954608077?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I'm just going to sell this on ebay, hope im allowed to link that, too bad the wii u cannot be modded, but I am going to get one of those old wii's since I know how to get gc backups running with relative ease. Thank you for offering the gift card, that was very sweet of you, but I couldn't accept that. A wii is my best route anyway and i could use a usb hd with it which would be a lot easier than the gamecube route, anyway I've already bugged my mom for the SDML...

torturelabs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 02:15:46 AM »
I dislike playing GC games on the Wii, but to each their own I guess, good luck! ;-)
I installed a WODE Jukebox for my brothers Wii which I highly recommend, though I assume you'll want to use the softmod method.

Yes, you can link it, but it's best to place it in our Buy/Sell area so people can find it easier: http://128bit.me/index.php?board=18.0

Tags: