Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: November 17, 2017, 09:30:56 PM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: How to add multiple LEDs to GameCube...  (Read 2345 times)

Pkmn

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
How to add multiple LEDs to GameCube...
« on: April 01, 2011, 11:23:51 PM »
Hello. I was wondering where exactly to solder and wire in LEDs in the GameCube. I want to add LEDs to shine through the vents, maybe drill out the holes above the controller ports and have them shine through there... I'm not very good with electrical stuff, so I'm in need of some help. I've seen a lot of people with their Cubes modded like this but I've never been able to find any info on how to do it. Surely someone here can help.
Pics maybe? They're not required, as any help will be appreciated... but they'd probably be extra helpful  :)
Thanks!

benson733

• View Profile
Re: How to add multiple LEDs to GameCube...
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 11:26:39 AM »
For the controller ports you could tap 5v off of the orange power LED. I'm not amazing at the whole adding led's myself, but that should be sufficient.

Eltrion

• Local Mod
  • Rep: 10
  • Run.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 12:13:06 AM »
You could also use the power from the fan... Though you will have to be careful not to screw up the fan as you don\'t want your cube to overheat...
System Specs:
i5 2500k Sandy Bridge
8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ram
Raedon HD 6870
Arch LInux

ryanmccaldwell

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2016, 10:33:03 AM »
For the controller ports you could tap 5v off of the orange power LED. I'm not amazing at the whole adding led's myself, but that should be sufficient.

I have recently moved from painting consoles and gear into the world of modding fans, leds, etc. for cosmetic reasons. I personally love the power led options a gamecube has but I have not been able to figure out how to add leds outside of the power rack on the controller board. I want to add leds for each controller port but I have had very little success. I am not a stranger to circuitry or electrical work but the gamecube has really managed to cause me problems. I have blown through a few power bricks as well as a fair amount of leds. I am attempting to wire my circuit from the fan and I believe I am doing it correctly but when I did the math and added resistors, I did not get enough power for all the lights. Let me know if there is any info you can give me to help. Much appreciated!

Tags: