Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: August 22, 2017, 01:47:53 PM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: ** IMPORTANT NOTICE TO UPLOADERS**  (Read 1618 times)

Devastating

• Forum Security
  • Rep: 47
  • Emulation God
    • View Profile
** IMPORTANT NOTICE TO UPLOADERS**
« on: April 04, 2013, 07:27:31 AM »
Please from now on its just ONE game per thread.
We dont want to see anymore threads with multiple games posted in it.
Please always provide cover art and a small description of the game.
The only exceptions are in the "Roms" and "Miscellaneous" sections

If you have any issues with this feel free to PM me.
Thanks for all your contributions and hopefully we can all continue to improve the site. :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:34:01 PM by Devastating »

torturelabs

• Rep: 72
  • I'm into autoerotic-asphyxiation, how about you?
    • View Profile
Re: ** IMPORTANT NOTICE TO UPLOADERS**
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 10:17:02 PM »
It would make it so much easier for uploader if you guys just started from scratch, and I mean literally from nothing.
My suggestion, which can be a little well... absurd.
• Delete everything
• Taking the masterlist from Wiki and making threads for each game / all topics made by mods who organize stuff
• Allow people to upload their links which will then be added to the main topic
• Possibly add online/offline checks

Maybe some of this can't be done or people don't have the time?

Nerazim

• Rep: 77
  • I bask in the twilight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 08:26:53 AM »
It would make it so much easier for uploader if you guys just started from scratch, and I mean literally from nothing.
• Delete everything
• Taking the masterlist from Wiki and making threads for each game / all topics made by mods who organize stuff

This is actually not quite a bad idea. My idea was to somehow use the database from gamefaqs, so the titles can be uniform, but I lack the coding skills to get this.

torturelabs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 03:14:53 PM »
• Delete everything

This is actually not quite a bad idea. My idea was to somehow use the database from gamefaqs, so the titles can be uniform, but I lack the coding skills to get this.
Yeah, it would simplify everything.
Even TLB is having a rough time, I assume, stating the same thing over and over again 'links are down' in pretty much every PS2 game thread.
The assumption being that most of these Bit Loader+ will re-upload, which may not even happen.
Trying out new methods, not necessarily mine, would be beneficial.

Rooskie

• Web / Graphic Designer
  • Rep: 71
  • Peacetime Mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 03:49:26 PM »
Yeah, it would simplify everything.
Even TLB is having a rough time, I assume, stating the same thing over and over again 'links are down' in pretty much every PS2 game thread.
The assumption being that most of these Bit Loader+ will re-upload, which may not even happen.
Trying out new methods, not necessarily mine, would be beneficial.
You're reading into that way too far and in the wrong direction.  A lot has been going on behind the scenes the past few days.  All of the DS and PSP games are on the list.  All of the DS, PSP, and XBOX games on the list have working links.  PS1, PS2, and GCN aren't far behind.  Posts you saw from TheLittlestBowl were when a post contained mirrors and at least one set was working.  I haven't gone and counted through the logs, but around 5 am EST he had 90+ dead link removals. 

1. Delete everything
2. Taking the masterlist from Wiki and making threads for each game / all topics made by mods who organize stuff
3. Allow people to upload their links which will then be added to the main topic
4. Possibly add online/offline checks

1. You're right, that is absurd.  Clean the data out, sure, but the list system is heavily integrated into the site.  If we can sort out which links are dead and which are alive it's just a matter of trashing the topics. 
2. Having a database to compare titles to would be awesome.  It's been on my mind for a while now.  Making threads for every game isn't the way to do it though, we can store and access the data much more efficiently than spread across a million threads.  Regardless, file that under Ain't nobody got time for that
3. New behind the scenes things make adding entries to the masterlist easier.  It will only get even easier from this point on.  If we ever get a database setup as you suggest in 2 it would be simple to tie each masterlist entry to the database.  Filling the database is the hard pard.
4. Link checks would be nice but you can file coding them under Ain't nobody got time for that too.  There is a report dead links function.  I wrote it Friday.  It functions.  It basically only collects reports right now.  The reports are accurate, but there's nothing staff members can do with it.  Reporting will go live for all usergroups when there's actually something staff members can do with the reports.  No telling when I'll get to coding that.

So as I said, a lot has been going on behind the scenes.  I've mostly been coding new features for staff members that should make fixing this place a lot easier.  There's still much more I can do, but time is going to be an issue.  April is a really busy month for me and it's only going to get worse as weeks go on.  But I'm doing what I can to replace staff members' pistols with fully automatics if you catch my drift.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 03:52:36 PM by Rooskie »
Chatterx's Revenge:
1. Outland | 2. Uncharted 2

torturelabs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 05:39:48 PM »
Interesting, I knew the database was integrated to some extent but was unaware of the flexibility.
This clears up allot on my end, thanks.

Ideas... ideas...
We have so many members as well, by now we could have assigned a game for each of them to re-upload whenever needed.
Sadly though, we don't have enough people who would want to do that... Oh well.

I have plenty of free time and all the ambition to make the site better... but you know... it's torturelabs haha hmmmn

Rooskie

• Web / Graphic Designer
  • Rep: 71
  • Peacetime Mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 12:42:59 AM »
Well if you'd like to help out we have a ton of games that need uploading.  I've got reports of what games got purged in the last week available:
http://128bit.me/index.php?topic=30717.0

You could also take on the task of building me a games database.  Just make an excel spreadsheet with a tab for each of our 8 consoles.  Put in whatever fields you feel are needed (title and genre at least, but we could get crazy and add more fields) and see how far you get.  If you're serious about doing it I recommend checking out http://redump.org
Chatterx's Revenge:
1. Outland | 2. Uncharted 2

Evil-Maid666

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2017, 07:58:33 PM »
• Delete everything

Why only one game per thread? it would be too much clutter to do the way this site wants us to. why not multiple games in one thread

Tags: