Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: November 17, 2017, 09:35:03 PM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: Hilarious issue with GC  (Read 658 times)

Neft

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
Hilarious issue with GC
« on: December 25, 2014, 09:36:33 AM »
so pretty much if anything runs by it or stomps their feet it turns off and wont turn on, no matter what i do.

so i began furiously shaking it and i pressed the power button and well it turned back on.

so as hilarious as it sound im open to some real suggestions, (and yes i have thought about smashing it to bits)

loose power button? possible

something else loose possible

Virtus

• Silent Antagonist
  • Rep: 80
  • cout << "Yay";
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious issue with GC
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 01:38:11 AM »
Definitely something loose. If you're confident I would open it up and see if you can find a loose connection somewhere and patch it. Likely to be the power button, given how much it's used over time, so check that first. Alternatively it could be a loose cable on the main board. It would be a good idea to double-check the power brick's integrity and the power plug as well, just to eliminate that as a variable.

severed

• Rep: 2
  • WarCraft.III.Addict Nothing.will.ever.top.N64
    • View Profile
Re: Hilarious issue with GC
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 04:28:03 AM »
my reset button was having problems one time (mostly not working, but occasionally my console would reset itself) so I opened up the console and found it extremely easy to access every nook and cranny and clean all around the power switches, I dont really have experience with opening consoles but it was pretty amazing how simple the gamecube was designed
Nintendo DSiXL + SupercardDS2 = Sickest handheld Ever!!  Love the classic Emulation (GBA, SEGA, ScummVM & way more)
Thanks to CodeJunkies for my Gamecube  SDMediaLauncher  8) ...Its been a long wait but I want more Cube64

Tags: