Please login or register.
Username:
Password:

HOME
FORUM
DOWNLOADS
CHAT

onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />
   Current Time: March 23, 2017, 07:22:21 AM   News: new download sections: DS and PSP!
onfocus="this.value = '';" onblur="if(this.value=='') this.value='Search...';" />       

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda Challenge  (Read 1967 times)

Pyrotempest

• Level 99 Game Hoarder
  • Rep: 38
  • If I helped you, click [+] Brohoof /)
    • Skype - shawnnaugler
    • View Profile
The Legend of Zelda Challenge
« on: January 07, 2013, 05:02:56 PM »
Hey guys,
Pyro here along with the rest of the 128bit.me staff to offer you all a challenge.

"What is this challenge?", you might say. Or you might say, "But Pyro, the name of the challenge is in the title of the thread." In which time I would reply with,

WHAT IS THE POINT OF LEGEND OF ZELDA CHALLENGE?

For a detailed overview of each challenge and it's requirements, please click on the links in the end of this thread, this is just the general challenge thread.

The 128bit.me staff is putting a challenge out to the community to see how many players can get themselves through a pioneer in the puzzle adventure genre in gaming. We encourage as many gamers in the community to give this challenge a try if at least not to diversify their taste in video games.

WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO?

The objective to The Legend of Zelda Challenge is as follows:

Code: [Select]
Defeat all main storyline bosses to launch the game's end credits accordingly.
Seem simple enough?

Decently, though there's another technical stipulation.

WHAT ARE THE STIPULATIONS?

The only real stipulation to this challenge is that a screenshot or photo of the end credits.

This is only to defer false bragging and so as not to have a lot of people freaking out saying that someone didn't actually complete a certain game.

PSH, THIS CHALLENGE IS TOO EASY. GOT ANYTHING HARDER?

Well, now that you mention it...

I would like to personally offer two additional challenges to the die hard Zelda fans as well as people looking for more of a challenge.

The Legend of Zelda Master Challenge

and

The Legend of Zelda Chronology Challenge

WHAT IS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA MASTER CHALLENGE?

Glad you asked, The Legend of Zelda Master Challenge is basically the same as the basic The Legend of Zelda Challenge, though there is a couple more stipulations:

-Defeat all main storyline bosses to launch the game's end credits accordingly.
-Obtain all game specific collectables and finish the game with all 20 hearts

WHAT IS THE LEGEND OF ZELDA CHRONOLOGY CHALLENGE

The Chronology Challenge is much like the basic The Legend of Zelda Challenge, though with an extra stipulation (Yes there's more).

-Complete all games in the perceived chronological order according to this chart

For those who can't read it, there are three specific timelines.
Death of a Hero Storyline
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past + Four Swords
(Play the Four Swords first/This is an optional title as it is only single player if you have it's standalone title on the 3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons (Playable in any order)
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Adventure of Link

The Hero Lives (Child Era) Storyline
(Play the Four Swords first/This is an optional title as it is only single player if you have it's standalone title on the 3DS)
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii/GCN)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure

The Hero Lives (Adult Era) Storyline
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

PLEASE NOTE:
The first 4 games in each timeline are repeating to each timeline and therefore aren't required to be repeated 3 times, unless you want to of course.

Also as a bonus challenge, The Legend of Zelda Master of Time Challenge

-Obtain all game specific collectables and finish the game with all 20 hearts
-Complete all games in the perceived chronological order according to this chart

PHBBT, STILL A PIECE OF CAKE. ANYTHING ELSE?

Oh, still not phased, alright. Here's a challenge for all the top notch players.

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA COLD BLOODED CHALLENGE

-Specifically in the following listed games, do not collect any heart pieces or containers unless required to do so, example being Wind Waker.

The Legend of Zelda
    The Adventure of Link (Game starts out with four life bar panels, and leveling up Life is optional.)
    Ocarina of Time
    Majora's Mask
    Oracle of Seasons
    Oracle of Ages
    The Wind Waker (One Piece of Heart must be acquired in order to complete the game, however the player does not have to complete a Heart Container)
    The Minish Cap
    Twilight Princess
    Phantom Hourglass
    Spirit Tracks
    Skyward Sword (Technically a "Six Heart Challenge" as the game begins with this many hearts.)

WHAT DO I GET FOR DOING THE CHALLENGE?

These challenges are purely for fun, though in completing them, you will be added to the 2013 Corresponding Zelda Champion List which will be added at the end of the year. There could also possibly be prizes or other surprises depending on how well received this challenge is as well as participants and completions.

HOW DO I SIGN UP?

Signing up is simple, just post a reply here and state what challenges you're interested in.

SO, HOW DO I PROVE I BEAT THE GAMES?

Simple really, when using emulators, just take a screenshot and include time and date with them or if you are playing on the original consoles, take a picture with an available camera also showing date and time.

When posting progress reports, use this format.

[b]GAME TITLE[/b]
[spoiler][thumb]<IMAGE URL OF COMPLETED GAME>[/thumb]

Which should look like this when you're done.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

What this does is keeps posts nice and compact and easily searchable. Also helps with scrolling and making threads smaller and less walls of text and images.

IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?

From what I can see, you have all the needed requirements other than the games themselves. So here you go!

PASSWORDS FOR ALL PACKS

http://www.128bit.me/
PLEASE NOTE:
This does not mean that the password to open the packs is found here, the password IS the website. Just making sure this is cleared up.

NTSC-U Pack Download

http://www.peejeshare.com/files/363493394/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Challenge-Pack.rar.html
http://www.peejeshare.com/files/363493395/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Challenge-Pack.sfv.html

[Credits for NTSC-U NGC uploads to users Hurn and cube]

PAL Pack Download

http://www.speedyshare.com/R4Uzg/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Challenge-Pack-PAL.rar
http://www.peejeshare.com/files/363493323/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Challenge-Pack-PAL.sfv.html

[Credits for PAL NGC uploads to users StormRider and Nerazim]

[Credits also go to thelittlestbowl for helping me acquire and compile the user manuals in the NTSC-U Pack]

If the NTSC-J pack is requested, it will be uploaded, we just felt as though it may be a bit time consuming to upload a pack that might not even be used.

Also for user manuals for the PAL Pack games, if your language is missing, post on the discussion thread what game and what language you are looking for as well if you are looking for the instruction manual, and one of us will get on tracking it down, provided it was ever released in this language..

So, to recap

The Legend of Zelda Challenge

The Legend of Zelda Chronological Challenge

The Legend of Zelda Master Challenge

The Legend of Zelda Master of Time Challenge

The Legend of Zelda Cold Blooded Challenge

Hope to see you all participate!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 09:48:11 AM by Pyrotempest »

Tags: